Top 10 delusional fan bases

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I stopped reading when they had FSU as more delusional than georgie because they have no guarantee they'll be as good this year as last two. They should keep sharp objects from the author.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I don't know that I'd call FSU's fan base delusional since they won a NC and went to the playoffs last year. There is a track record of recent accomplishment there. I think they realize not having Winston and most of that O line is going to hurt.
The media is more delusional over Arkansas than the fan base. I think the media and the fan base are equal parts delusional about Tennessee.

I wouldn't call Notre Dame the most overrated program in history (that belongs to Michigan or Penn State, IMO), since the Irish have won 11 national titles and has the most Heisman winners. Granted, they haven't won a title since 88, but NCs, winning percentage, number of all-Americans and NFL draftees kinda fosters their self-worth.

But as long as they have VanGorder running their defense and Brian Kelly running their program, yeah, they're not going to live up to their hype.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't know that I'd call FSU's fan base delusional since they won a NC and went to the playoffs last year. There is a track record of recent accomplishment there. I think they realize not having Winston and most of that O line is going to hurt.
The media is more delusional over Arkansas than the fan base. I think the media and the fan base are equal parts delusional about Tennessee.

I wouldn't call Notre Dame the most overrated program in history (that belongs to Michigan or Penn State, IMO), since the Irish have won 11 national titles and has the most Heisman winners. Granted, they haven't won a title since 88, but NCs, winning percentage, number of all-Americans and NFL draftees kinda fosters their self-worth.

But as long as they have VanGorder running their defense and Brian Kelly running their program, yeah, they're not going to live up to their hype.

I was thinking about recent fan bases .... ND holds the all time record for consecutive bowl losses. They got built up for so many years during the season on weak teams (cue service academies) and then had to play real good teams in a bowl. Obviously my statement was somewhat tongue in cheek. ND probably has one of the largest "side walk" fan bases all around the country.

And I agree about the FSU fan base having recent solid seasons. I remember FSU having only lost about 12 games in 5 years .... so that's before Winston too.

Our fan base doesn't seem that delusional?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
UM fans are just as bad as UGAG fans. if not worse. I don't think ND fans are as delusional as they are overly optimistic and faithful.. No pun intended.

I think Georgie and Michigan are the only elite recruiting schools without a nc in the last 15 yrs. Michigan changed coaches, not even keeping their 20+ yr bowl streak alive.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
UM fans are just as bad as UGAG fans. if not worse. I don't think ND fans are as delusional as they are overly optimistic and faithful.. No pun intended.

I think Georgie and Michigan are the only elite recruiting schools without a nc in the last 15 yrs. Michigan changed coaches, not even keeping their 20+ yr bowl streak alive.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
These kind of lists leave me cold.

In the same publication they ranked the 15 colleges teams with the most difficult schedules. Made me sick. SEC teams get a special boost because they play each other. Georgia was ranked higher than Tech as a result and Alabama was ranked as having the number one most difficult schedule. Even though Tech was tenth on the list Tech's schedule looks way more difficult to me than Georgia's and would even give Alabama a run for the money.

But sense articles like this are really just opinions I guess they serve their purpose.