Tool Concert Jan 28th

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I am over 60 and was never a "metal" fan in my youth. And am not now. I think Tool's music is lumped into metal although I would disagree. I think there music is more "sophisticated than that (for lack of a better word). I am breaking a decades old tradition of not seeing music in a large venue to go see them. I generally stick to smaller venues. Typically, places such as the Ryman in Nashville or the Fox in ATL or the Beacon in NYC are the largest places in which I will go too see live events.
Yah they get lumped into the metal genre. But most everyone will be quick to tell you Tool is their own genre.

I’m glad you’re expanding your boundaries and going to see them in a larger venue. I’m just so thankful to be seeing them. They could play at a zoo and I’d be ecstatic lol

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am over 60 and was never a "metal" fan in my youth. And am not now. I think Tool's music is lumped into metal although I would disagree. I think there music is more "sophisticated than that (for lack of a better word). I am breaking a decades old tradition of not seeing music in a large venue to go see them. I generally stick to smaller venues. Typically, places such as the Ryman in Nashville or the Fox in ATL or the Beacon in NYC are the largest places in which I will go too see live events.

Yeah. They're not full on metal, but having a loose knowledge of how old @Supersizethatorder-mutt is and what the heaviest sound may have been when he was in his 20s-40s, I tried to give him the best comp.

The next chance you get to see a show in NYC, look in to finding one deep in Brooklyn at the Kings Theatre.