Ticket Location for ND Game at MBS

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else get the email yesterday trying to upsell the club seats for the Notre Dame game at Mercedes Benz? I've been in that section for every game at MBS, but checked my tickets yesterday and they are not in that section. I'm not a huge donor, but I am in the top 900 in AT points, but this seems pretty ridiculous. Unless I missed it in the season ticket renewal, are you telling me that they want me to pay more for the seats that I've gotten the past several years? Also, my season tickets are just about on the 50 at Bobby Dodd and I'm more like the 10 at MBS. Great way to treat your customers, but not surprised.

I emailed the guy on the email from Tech about the tickets yesterday. If I don't hear back, I may reach out to J Batt. This is pretty ridiculous in my mind. You're trying to increase your fan base and then you want to upsell the tickets to your best customers that they usually get? And isn't this supposed to be a home game for us? They also didn't put my tickets and my dad's tickets together, like they finally started doing last year. We're together at Bobby Dodd, but several rows away at MBS.

Typical Tech doing Tech things unfortunately :(:mad:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else get the email yesterday trying to upsell the club seats for the Notre Dame game at Mercedes Benz? I've been in that section for every game at MBS, but checked my tickets yesterday and they are not in that section. I'm not a huge donor, but I am in the top 900 in AT points, but this seems pretty ridiculous. Unless I missed it in the season ticket renewal, are you telling me that they want me to pay more for the seats that I've gotten the past several years? Also, my season tickets are just about on the 50 at Bobby Dodd and I'm more like the 10 at MBS. Great way to treat your customers, but not surprised.

I emailed the guy on the email from Tech about the tickets yesterday. If I don't hear back, I may reach out to J Batt. This is pretty ridiculous in my mind. You're trying to increase your fan base and then you want to upsell the tickets to your best customers that they usually get? And isn't this supposed to be a home game for us? They also didn't put my tickets and my dad's tickets together, like they finally started doing last year. We're together at Bobby Dodd, but several rows away at MBS.

Yeah, I feel the same way, and you and I are about the same place in AT points etc. But then, I hate any and all games at MBS, it just does NOT have the same ambiance and feel as Bobby Dodd.

I guess we do it for the money. But, I haven’t checked my exact location, and unless we win tomorrow I am likely to sell my MBS seats as while the game has interest for me, the venue absolutely does not.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer

Keep us posted on any response you get. I’m in the cheap seats at BDS, so I wasn’t expecting great seats, but it sounds like you got shafted with your seat assignment.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Keep us posted on any response you get. I’m in the cheap seats at BDS, so I wasn’t expecting great seats, but it sounds like you got shafted with your seat assignment.

I've emailed the head ticket guy twice with no response. I'll give it until Monday and then I'll reach out to J Batt. He should know that his team took the easy way out, didn't treat season ticket holders the way they have been treated in the past and did not respond to emails with questions. It's all about the money now, but he should know people are pi$$ed off.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I've emailed the head ticket guy twice with no response. I'll give it until Monday and then I'll reach out to J Batt. He should know that his team took the easy way out, didn't treat season ticket holders the way they have been treated in the past and did not respond to emails with questions. It's all about the money now, but he should know people are pi$$ed off.
How long has it been since your first email and how long since the second?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
How long has it been since your first email and how long since the second?

First was yesterday immediately after the email came it. It said to contact him if you have any questions or concerns. Second was over 24 hours later. That's why I said I'll wait until Monday at least to escalate.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer

I am in the club section at Bobby Dood and am in the non-VIP club section at MBS. When I got that email I inquired about trading my four non-VIP club seats for two VIP club seats and I was told "No." When I asked about just upgrading two tickets, they told me I still had to pay the full upgrade price as if I did not have already have club seats. The whole interaction has been unpleasant.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
First, there are few football stadiums that have sightlines and proximity to the action like BDS. Close is Mc Neese university stadium in Lake Charles. It has steep steps and the stadium is built 100 around the field which is sunken about 20 feet below ground. At the less attened games you can hesr the groans and contact. When full of crazed cajons, you feel like your are at a gladiatorial contasts.

Second , the benz like all new stadiums has gentle slope in lower level which is so shallow you can't tell details whats happening. They make up for it with hd giant tv. You can see a play and then watch the replay for the detail.
We stat in endzone for Tennessee and had freat view of the gt spread option. At unc and at UL we were in the diagonal next to 10 yd line. All three games were great and the crowd involvement was special. This year we got booted further on diagonal so when offered I upgraded w no food vip seats on the 40 yd line. The season ticket seats for gt games seem cheap compared to pro or a special game like uga vs ala.

I hope that gt can reward loyal season ticket fans who never resell seats but always re-gift them back when not attending. Those that let uga fans weraring red into bds are unique lovers of gt football.