This week at the Rusty C .....

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Amen! Lots to play for in these last 4 games.
"Setup" 40 win season when incl ACCT wins
Coastal division Champion
Top 4 ACCT seed
Solidify Top 8 / National seed for NCAA
Finish regular season with 25 home wins
10 straight weekend series wins (9 ACC)

All of the above is under Tech's control. Do not need any help if we take care of business.

Deleted member 2897

Amen! Lots to play for in these last 4 games.
"Setup" 40 win season when incl ACCT wins
Coastal division Champion
Top 4 ACCT seed
Solidify Top 8 / National seed for NCAA
Finish regular season with 25 home wins
10 straight weekend series wins (9 ACC)

All of the above is under Tech's control. Do not need any help if we take care of business.

At 35 wins, we have 4 games left in the regular season. 4 more chances at wins. Possibly 4 wins in the ACC Tournament. 5-10 wins possible in the NCAA Tournament. Our ceiling is over 50 wins. By comparison:
* Our program's all time win record is:
* 52 (2002)
* 51 (1987)
* 50 (1994, 2000, and 2006)
* 47 (1983 and 2010)

Our storied program has 1 National Championship runner-up, 3 College World Series appearances, 31 NCAA Tournament appearances, 12 conference championships, and 9 conference tournament championships (if my research is correct).

If we beat Mercer and Pitt twice, we will go 15-2 this season in series consisting of 2+ games. 1 of those 2 losses was UCLA and the other was in a bottom of the 9th comeback by Miami. Nobody wants to have to beat us twice.

We can stamp a lot more of these statistics with the "2019" year. LETS GO!

Deleted member 2897

I would just like to say, it's been a pleasure bantering back and forth with you handful of guys. The football program has taken precedence over baseball this spring but this has been a fun season to watch. It makes my heart so happy when I see a Tech team whipping AZZ! THWg!

Indeed! We should try and enjoy every minute. It’s an amazing accomplishment to be ranked inside the top 10 in any sport. Our series record is likely going to go 15-2 this year. That’s amazing.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Indeed! We should try and enjoy every minute. It’s an amazing accomplishment to be ranked inside the top 10 in any sport. Our series record is likely going to go 15-2 this year. That’s amazing.
Heck of a ride ..... so far ....... hoping for much more!