They have figured out how to stop Urban Meyers spread offense.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I asked this to Wes and PJ on the radio show a few years ago; people say "antiquated option offense", but if you watch some of the stuff Urban Meyer does with his QBs, particularly when he had Tebow ... it was literally "Single wing, shotgun formation, QB gets the snap and runs straight up the middle".

Watch the grainy footage from the 40's of the NFL and you will see them running the exact same plays except it's a bunch of guys in leather helmets.

There really isn't that much innovation all the time. Recently we've seen these "spread", uptempo offenses. But before that, what was it? The Pistol from Nevada back in 2005?

It's a copy-cat thing - if you watch football this weekend count how many times you see a team take a snap from under center. 99% of the teams now are running from the shotgun with 4 and 5-wide receiver sets.

I do admire Urban Meyer, though. He reminds me of PJ quite a bit - a gruff, no-nonsense guy that just wants to coach football and not deal with shenanigans.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Meyer consulted CPJ when he was putting together his offense. He just didn't want to labeled an option guy.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
If I play GT, I stack the box and make your QB beat me. If he beats me then fine. Everyone know that and does that.

(Actually played them last night on PS3 with JeT at QB, beat them 63-7)

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
If I play GT, I stack the box and make your QB beat me. If he beats me then fine. Everyone know that and does that.

I literally laughed out loud. You win the message board. Not many posters have the stones to quote their PS results as justification for their argument, but you, sir, are a man apart. Congrats.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Stacking the box has historically worked extremely well when the offense doesn't block anyone in the box

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I literally laughed out loud. You win the message board. Not many posters have the stones to quote their PS results as justification for their argument, but you, sir, are a man apart. Congrats.

hahaha.. thanks.
Just figured I would throw that in there for comedic relief.
You are welcome.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Damn good mr giggles. That record didn't stop fans from flaming about offensive struggles and bad coaching when they won close. And they have riches in talent that are obscene.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

That wasn't quite fair. That was GT's second game in less than 24 hers.