The tell tale play

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This year's offense can execute well the biggest variety of plays of any of CPJ's teams, at least to my low level, amateurish eyes. Still, you can usually determine whether we will have to scratch and claw or whether the offense will run like a well oiled machine based on what the B back up the middle does. If he isn't hit until he passes through the line and it picks up five yards are more, we're usually in business. If the play is stopped for 2 yards or fewer, we are usually in for a lot of scratching and clawing. I'll relax a bit if on the first few carries I see Syngyn or Zach barreling through for a nice pickup.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I will be surprised if MSU's gameplan is not selling out to stop the dive play, and with their size/athleticism in the front 7, they should be able to do that, especially early.

I think getting some edge blocking will be CRITICAL if we are going to score enough points to win this game. Also, using some well-timed passes will be KEY also. I hope, as you say, we see our b-backs barrelling through for big yards, but I will be surprised if we do.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
O line play - Erin Joe down block on Dt with 70 pulling right followed by shamire down blocking with 70 pulling left - both JT fakes rocket toss and keeps.

gt ol depth will show in third quarter.

Here in Miami - it is a lot warmer 72 - 90% humidity

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I will be surprised if MSU's gameplan is not selling out to stop the dive play, and with their size/athleticism in the front 7, they should be able to do that, especially early.

I think getting some edge blocking will be CRITICAL if we are going to score enough points to win this game. Also, using some well-timed passes will be KEY also. I hope, as you say, we see our b-backs barrelling through for big yards, but I will be surprised if we do.
If they have to "sell out" to stop the dive, we're in business! If they can stop it with their down linemen, we're in deep stuff.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm going to say Darren Waller is the key to the game.
IMO, we're in trouble if that's true. I appreciate Darren's contribution to our team and I certainly hope he has a fantastic game, but he has never been all that dependable.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
MSU's front 7 is stout. I think we can move the ball on them, but we're going to have some times where they make some plays against us behind the LOS and we're going to need Darren to dominate a bit to get some big conversions. He can dominate somewhat, imo. I think there will also be opportunity for some big passes against their secondary as our offense tends to open those up. I'm hoping for a couple big plays in the passing game early to build a lead and loosen their defense up a bit.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I think that heat is an advantage for us, in a way. It will help wear down their defensive front on the long drives. I predict we move the ball well similar to what we did against UGA and FSU. We'll wear them down slowly and then gash them for big plays later in the game.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't seen Mrs. State's D-Line in-depth, but if we can't scoop the backside we're in for a long day. Basically, it means if we run the dive (or triple with a dive read) to the right and the left side DT can tackle the B-Back because he gets penetration, we're in serious trouble. We struggled against Clemson because their DT's were so quick and beat the scoop.

They won't have to sell out on the B-Back if that happens.

If they're just a bunch of big, fat turds I think we have a better chance with Shamire and Shaq firing off low and driving them back.