The Team FSU Doesn't Want to Play

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Well...I just mean beating a National Title seeking FSU team...and beating them in a game to decide the ACC Champion.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
FSU wants no part of GT historically we have had wars with them....regardless of the O....the teams just play like they play...all the FSU people I know say to me god I hope to hell we don't play you.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here's something to consider: People in the ACC office probably don't want GT to play FSU either. GT has a very real shot at beating FSU, and by extension, eliminating the ACC's only real representative in the Playoffs. The ACC reps are probably rooting for Duke the next two weeks because Duke probably gets smoked by FSU.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Isn't Charles Kelly the DC for FSU? Have to take into account that he worked under CPJ for 5 years and at least knows a little bit about defending the option. But I still like our chances against them.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Isn't Charles Kelly the DC for FSU? Have to take into account that he worked under CPJ for 5 years and at least knows a little bit about defending the option. But I still like our chances against them.

He was also the LB coach in 2012 when we played FSU in Charlotte and GT was a drive away from beating them.

That was with Tevin at QB. Nothing against Tevin, but I think he's going to find defending us with just 3 days to really prepare and JT at the helm exponentially harder this time.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

FSU D is very undisciplined this year....not sure if coaching...or just players not paying attention and taking it for granted. I think its the latter, because when they want they just flip a switch and shut people down...to me they are too used to winning.

This is the exact type of D we would destroy. You sleep once and its off to the races. Man I hope UNC takes out Duke

PAUL, PLEASE CALL FEDORA AND GIVE HIM ALL THE TIPS, SIGNS ETC IN THE WORLD.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
He was also the LB coach in 2012 when we played FSU in Charlotte and GT was a drive away from beating them.

That was with Tevin at QB. Nothing against Tevin, but I think he's going to find defending us with just 3 days to really prepare and JT at the helm exponentially harder this time.
Kelly was actually still at Tech then serving as our interim DC because CPJ had fired Groh earlier in the season. I would be curious to see how he tried to defend our O though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kelly was actually still at Tech then serving as our interim DC because CPJ had fired Groh earlier in the season. I would be curious to see how he tried to defend our O though.

He'd try and defend it the same way Bud Foster does ........ but while the FSU athletes are better, they are less disciplined. so we'd score slower .... and drive Winston crazy on the sidelines.

Man I'd hate to be FSU playing us ...... they have everything to lose and for us

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
From USA Today:

Georgia Tech: The Yellow Jackets are arguably the nation's most surprising 9-2 team, having just wrapped up their ACC slate with a convincing win against Clemson. Georgia Tech got some help in the form of a Duke loss Saturday, but needs a little more to possibly reach the ACC title game. Watch out if the Yellow Jackets make it, however. They've got the league's best rushing attack and would pose some problems for Florida State.