The future looks bright !

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
You know it and I know it. Why would anyone rather see the overpriced Braves, not me. Yet our attendance stinks.

True, but it is also true that many of our games are played when the weather is still quite cold (by my standards). Our season is done by May and that's just when the sun begins to really warm up and most of us are seriously thinking about baseball. If college ball went through the summer, it would skyrocket in popularity (mho, of course).

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Gridiron genes, diamond dreams
Both father and son cited Georgia Tech’s reputation for excellence academically and within the baseball program as reasons why the school is such a good fit for Xzavion – along with the fact it is close to home. If the young player’s stock continues to rise this spring, he might also have to consider any opportunities presented by June’s MLB First-Year Player Draft.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
pix-2-11-hb-snowball5jpg-54bc2cb4c3f117ab_large.jpg

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
You are a sick, sick person :D Have you taken one off the handle of the bat in weather like that? Your hands will scream at you! Sorta of like hitting a 3 iron thin in the same type of cold! Just walk away for from the bat or 3 iron and sink your hands into a post of warm water otherwise they'll be useless for about a week!

Given in time (melting)..he was going show bunting and try to advance the runs instead knocking it outta the park. :p

Try hitting a 1 iron. They say even god can't hit a 1 iron. ;) So, if you have one..hold it up in a Thunderstorm..:angelic:

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Given in time (melting)..he was going show bunting and try to advance the runs instead knocking it outta the park. :p

Try hitting a 1 iron. They say even god can't hit a 1 iron. ;) So, if you have one..hold it up in a Thunderstorm..:angelic:

One of the better lines Lee Trevino came up with in his career! Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen a professional golfer do was seeing Trevino top a 5 wood in the middle of a fairway. He turned the air blue with his expletives while everybody in the gallery was falling over laughing!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

Trevino was later a victim of a lightning strike on a golf course.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
One of my favorites back in the day. When I was a kid, got a chance to talk with him while walking from the fairway to the green when it was the Greater Greensboro Open. Great and funny guy.

Counting down 28..
Yes, IIRC Greensboro was a course he liked. He didn't like Augusta National and that reflected in his attitude at The Masters.