Team Notes/Info on signees (AJC)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/06/4-more-takeaways-from-tech-signing-class/

CPJ confirmed as we reported awhile back that Qua is at A Back.

Tyler Stargel out for the Spring.

Also another note that isn't in the article but I can report...Freddie Burden had surgery after the Orange Bowl as well...don't want to go into too much detail but he hurt his arm back in the UVA game and played the rest of the year with it...I think the cast is off now and he will be back for Spring ball.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/06/4-more-takeaways-from-tech-signing-class/

Also another note that isn't in the article but I can report...Freddie Burden had surgery after the Orange Bowl as well...don't want to go into too much detail but he hurt his arm back in the UVA game and played the rest of the year with it...I think the cast is off now and he will be back for Spring ball.

Damn if Burden played that well with an arm that needed a wee bit of surgical intervention how good is going to be healthy!

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck

All I have to say is stay on top of the Morgan's little brother - that kids arms are huge already.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Thanks for the link. I liked CPJ at the end talking about how we were going to get to 85 from 87 scholarships now: "“I may already know something that’s going to happen,” Johnson said. “So I’m comfortable with our numbers.”"

If we are starting at 17 players using up their eligibility this year, I'd be we end up at 20 with "normal" attrition.

Impressive on Snoddy, does anyone know if he's running track now?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I love this comment by Ken, it's something I've always suspected was high on CPJ's list of priorities:

"Obviously, attitude and work ethic don’t show up very well in recruiting rankings, but are clearly qualities that Tech coaches have placed a high value on."

I think coach took this for granted while at the Naval Academy. I bet he thought he could do the same at GT given our academic requirements plus he could get better athletes as well. Same attitude and work ethic but better athletes. Well, he was wrong about that. Even at GT, you have to actively recruit character.

Lesson learned. Many lessons must be learned when one comes to GT to coach football. That is why I think we need to give coaches a much longer learning curve allowance than any other school in the country. Many wanted to dump coach a year or two ago and I was calling for patience. "Patience young grasshopper..." was my mantra. Well, it looks as if patience won out. Thank almighty Buzz it did!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't know Errin Joe was eligible for a medical waiver. He's someone who I think really turned a corner this year. He'll be nasty if we get him for 2 more years.

Jason, I was excited to see that too. Joe really impressed me too. But someone on one of the boards said it wasn't true.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Not to sure where to post this question but can anyone give me the names of former scout team players of the year, aside from Jabari and Gary Brown. I'm interested to know which of our current guys and star players that have moved on received this honor.