Film Room Tax 8 Defense Slow Motions

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Keep in mind with your comments that these are our student athletes! They work hard and okay hard for GT.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
That is an interesting play for KY. RPO?

Looks like #1 was expecting a pass. If PJ had fired toward the run #1 for KY had a blocker and a lot of space.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If there is a QB read here it's whether to give or keep I think. I don't think pass was an option here but I could certainly be wrong.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it is a give/keep read, but the o line didn't go far beyond the LOS which is what made me think RPO. No effort to get to the second level on their part.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Maybe. But their right OT and OG doubled teamed one DT while the C and LG double teamed the other DT....their whole OL was engaged in drive blocks at the LOS....no one was pulling etc. to get to the 2nd level from what I see.

I think our guys on the Dline just did a pretty good job at the point of attack.

The more I look at it I think the play is a called dive.....maybe the QB had the option to pull it and rush to the right if the LDE didn't stay home. After the give the LDE crashed down on the RB to make a pretty good play.

Maybe #1 and #2 for the cats are decoys....2 coulda been setting up to block for the screen tho. So maybe you're right and it's a wildcat version of a trip option. I'm too much of a football noob to say.

Last edited:

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree... keep in mind the DE is completely unblocked and he could wreck the RB or QB behind the LOS if he "chose" right. Of course the read would have made sure he chose wrong. Here he kept the QB contained for a give read. If the OL drived or there was a hole the DE would not have been able to get to him in time. The DL head strong.