Film Room Tax 4 Defense Slow Motions

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Great communication by the secondary as the CB & S as they man swapped coverage (S man coverage on TE, CB became the deep safety.) Great job by PJ reading and green Dawging the back( reading if staying to block or goes on a route, if the RB blocks you add to the pass rush)

"green Dawging"? Oh, now I see the explanation. Ballin does it again with a clear succinct explanation in layman's terms (well mostly layman terms). Thanks to both you and Longest Day.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Lots to like on this one. I particularly like the disguised looks both in the front 7 and back 4. It wasn't obvious who was coming and what coverage we would employ after the snap. As Ibee pointed out the coverage was what foiled Kentucky's plans.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
The quarterback had plenty of time to hit the motion man in the flat with lots of room to spare for an easy first down.
Not as much time as it looks. Our safety is slow playing it and if the qb had begun his throwing motion, he's down hill with a chance at a pick 6 (think Jamal Golden vs Clemson). Actually a wise non throw by the qb, followed by an unwise fumble

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Not as much time as it looks. Our safety is slow playing it and if the qb had begun his throwing motion, he's down hill with a chance at a pick 6 (think Jamal Golden vs Clemson). Actually a wise non throw by the qb, followed by an unwise fumble

Yep, it's hard to see but safety is not very far and if QB throws the ball he's setting his TE up to get drilled at best and picked off at worst.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I see the safety and I agree the time window is small. However, a laser released on time gets there before the defender.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I see the safety and I agree the time window is small. However, a laser released on time gets there before the defender.
Issue with a laser pass is the DE has keep containment on the outside, so he would have to put a little arch on it. I still think the throw could have been made but it would have had to lead him close to the sideline where no one else could have gotten it.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow

Lol well yeah, but a laser throw that close? Thats a super hard catch. Plus even with a laser received is probably getting hit same time the ball gets there.

I think overall this was just a good defensive play. Hard to find much fault.