Stephn A. Smith

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Just praised us on First Take. They asked how would fsu fair in the ACCCG, and while he didn't pick us to win, he certainly believes we have a shot and that fsu can't play the way they've been playing and expect to win.

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The overwhelming narrative around the media is that we will win or at worst give FSU all it can handle Saturday night. I don't think I've heard anyone call for Fla.State to dominate.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm kinda starting to not like all the media bandwagoners...I like it much better when people gave us no shot at teams the caliber of FSU. You don't want to poke a sleeping bear. If FSU gets beat down all week with "GT is going to shock you and knock you out of the CFP", that just might waken them from season long slumber.

I'm fine with everyone lulling FSU into thinking they can walk all over us.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure FSU will come into the game just like they have all the others: confident that they'll find a way to win. I don't think what they hear from the media will make one whit of difference in that.

Oth, I do think they will feel that we are the biggest test they've had so far this year, not so much because we are the most talented team they've played, but because we are obviously peaking and our OL is so good.

In short, I think they'll be ready and that there really isn't anything much that can a) rattle their confidence or b) lull them to sleep. Sort of like, you know, Ugag probably felt last Saturday in Athens at the start of the game. Hope we get the same result. Minus the miscues, of course.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I'm kinda starting to not like all the media bandwagoners...I like it much better when people gave us no shot at teams the caliber of FSU. You don't want to poke a sleeping bear. If FSU gets beat down all week with "GT is going to shock you and knock you out of the CFP", that just might waken them from season long slumber.

I'm with you on this. I think FSU is getting tired of all the BS and is also trying to use the "us against the world" mentality, and with us finally getting a bit of "love," even if we're still "lovable" underdogs, can help us or hurt us. We'll find out on Saturday night.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
quite frankly, I don't care what Stephen A. has the audacity to say. It's clear to everyone who has the ability to form their own opinion that this Florida State team is not all it's cracked up to be. That being said, I have the utmost respect for what Coach Fisher has been able to do, winning 28 games straight is very impressive, and something that simply cannot be ignored. Georgia Tech will do more than fight, they will impose their will on this Florida State team and take the game with the same tenacity and attitude they've taken the other games they've won to date.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck

I had this opinion too, but most of the media types are hedging their bets by just saying we'll put up a fight. I think most everyone is still picking FSU to win and make it to the playoff.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Even if you don't feel SAS knows much you have to like the publicity. And if we're ever going to be a winning program that consistently competes for national championships then we have to learn how to handle the good attention and higher expectations. I feel our team can go up against anyone because of how we've performed in the trenches. I like that people are picking us, it gives us a chance to see how well our guys can handle being the hunted

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
If someone holds a gun to your head and forces you to make an objective decision? You have to go with FSU because they are the undefeated Natl Champs. But I don't buy this waking up a sleeping giant thing. After 12 games, they are what they are. It will be a tight game. Jameis has a little bit of Brett Favre in him in that he can make throws no one else can due to talent, but sometimes tries dumb throws due to his overconfidence/bravado, leading to the INTs. We need the 'Turnover Titans' to show up Saturday, and the pack of bigfoots on our OL to mow over some Noles.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Agree with what you said here. They are what they are.

Just one caveat. Let's call them the "Takeaway Titans". CTR likes to call them "takeaways" instead of "turnovers". Turnover means they gave it to you. Takeaway means you took it from them.
Oops- 'Takeaway'. Sorry, wrong title.