Spring Practice

alagold

Helluva Engineer
What is the game setup for Spring game? 2 even split teams, 1 Off vs 1 def or 2nd Def?, or with 2 OFf vs 1 DEf, kicks? game length Has this all been announced? is it filmed to be seen later by public?
Never mind I found it on AA website.
it would be good if someone could remember who starts for the Off and Def.

Last edited:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Who stood out, in everyone's opinion? I watched bits and pieces earlier this week on replay.

Philo looked pretty good. Will be good competition for King and Pyron.

Elko and Stockton had good games. Both showed good hands and ability to get open but the long yardage plays of theirs seemed to not be being covered by D1 starting talent.

Lightsey showed some goodness.

Anyone else?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Who stood out, in everyone's opinion? I watched bits and pieces earlier this week on replay.

Philo looked pretty good. Will be good competition for King and Pyron.

Elko and Stockton had good games. Both showed good hands and ability to get open but the long yardage plays of theirs seemed to not be being covered by D1 starting talent.

Lightsey showed some goodness.

Anyone else?
I really liked what I saw from Zion Taylor. Regardless of who was covering him, he ran good routes and came back to the ball when his QB was scrambling. I thought all the QB's did well getting the ball to playmakers in space so they could make plays.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I really liked what I saw from Zion Taylor. Regardless of who was covering him, he ran good routes and came back to the ball when his QB was scrambling. I thought all the QB's did well getting the ball to playmakers in space so they could make plays.
Yes, I noticed him too but forgot to mention him. Agree. Thanks.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Agree with the good performance about Taylor. He will be a star in the future. I saw some good corner plays made by freshmen Fannklin (especislly) and Dowdell. I liked the play of freshman LB Butler. Riggs at RT seemed to do well for a freshman. Backup safeties Gee and Seymore made some plays indicating they can be some help this Fall. All the QBs were able to move the O down the field. I am hopeful the improvement with the D will happen and understand it will take time, but I was not yet impressed with progress to date. Perhaps the #2s amd #3s and lots of walk-ons on D played most of the game so evaluations could be made as we enter the portal phase.