Spring Practice Preview rr.com

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I sure have no clue about this season....

I think we have a lot of talent, but low experience.

First and foremost...I am real excited about some of the new OL, but I am worried about OG spot. It all starts with the OL.

Second, the talent seems very high at A-Back, but will they have the same 2014 heart and passion to block?

The WR group looks promising. AJ Gray and Mitchell both should shine along side PJ Davis. How will the new corners fair? Will the DL make a step change in ability. Will we see the power return to the B-Back position as well the new found "speed". Will the players know where to go and execute near the 2014 level?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Griffin at gaurd with devine or marshall. I think we will be ok. Tackle for me is young too.....potential but young. But the real thing with the ol for me is more than personnel

Wr still a concern. Nothing of a proven entity.

Still alot of ? On O.

no point in me commenting on d. It will be the same thing i always say with the same 4 people responding with what they always say. At this point its like a religion debate to me

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Will we see the power return to the B-Back position?
The $64 question, imho. If we can find a BB who delivers - and, pace Marshall fans, we don't have one yet - I think the rest of the problems will resolve themselves. A solution at BB (and any old solution will do) is what I'm going to be looking for this spring.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
As long as CPJ is here, I will be more worried about defense than offense. With a good defense, we usually will score enough points to win most games.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What is the rules for when a team can start their spring practice? Why has other teams been at it for a week and we are just now about to start?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
What is the rules for when a team can start their spring practice? Why has other teams been at it for a week and we are just now about to start?
You can start any time you want to after a certain date. I think it's sometime time in February. A couple of years ago Duke was done by mid March.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
You can start it anytime but it can only last so long. It's not like the teams who start early get a longer time practicing.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
What are the rules?
Seems like it would be besttohave spring practice at best time academically
Not sure if this is sarcasm but he was referring to the grammar of the poster. I was a little vague in my post. It is completely adjustable. It can be any time within a date range, as long as it follows some rules set forth. The teams are allowed a certain number of practices.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Griffin at gaurd with devine or marshall. I think we will be ok. Tackle for me is young too.....potential but young. But the real thing with the ol for me is more than personnel

Wr still a concern. Nothing of a proven entity.

Still alot of ? On O.

no point in me commenting on d. It will be the same thing i always say with the same 4 people responding with what they always say. At this point its like a religion debate to me
I agree. It is what it is (D)and we'll see come fall. But to show you that I do have some coaching concerns, I think we have not done a good job coaching the return game. My basic belief is that if you have a good returner you have a good return game. It seemed to me that Golden regressed as a returner. He didn't hit it up in there like he did earlier in his career. That could have been a function of scheme or technique or athleticism of the return team. We'll see if the new coaching configuration will work in this area, but I think there needs to be some fundament changes.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
According to the article "15 practices over 4 weeks".
Was wondering if could last longer?
Final exams very end of April and early May.
Looks like we finish practice and go into finals.

Gives coaches a final week to prep and give summer workout suggestions.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
A backs and B backs- not worried a bit about them running the ball, who ever steps up and can block will play. O-Line- do something this year, get pissed off and show up as a line team. I worry if these things don't happen - Jet will (playing with a chip from last year) do even more to compensate and get hurt early. Defense= that's anyone's guess? Special teams- Butker, Needs to go to the next level, now is the time to prove you are worthy, Punts- well, shank one or two and make sure you had a good internship! Lots of questions answered tommorrow afternoon. Bet we have more questions after this week. YELLOW----