Six wins in 93 years

We've been playing Notre Dame, sporadically, since 1922. We've won six times. How does this even count as a big game? And yet it feels like it is. Can six wins in a century sustain us? Is that good enough? Would you take a repeat of 33-3?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
We've been playing Notre Dame, sporadically, since 1922. We've won six times. How does this even count as a big game? And yet it feels like it is. Can six wins in a century sustain us? Is that good enough? Would you take a repeat of 33-3?
6 wins a century can sustain us if we play them 6 times a century. Otherwise, no. Obviously I would like for it to be 60-0, but I would take a repeat of 33-3. I would 'take' any win, but given their performance thus far this year and our performance, albeit against different teams, I think we have the better team.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

It's a big game because its basically a matchup of two top 15 teams on the road. Saying we've won only 6 games this century is also pretty misleading. We are 2-3-1 against them since 1980. In the 60s and 70s (the dark era) we went 1-9. They did pummel us pretty strong in the 20s and 40s, too.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It really is a big game for both teams. ND because now all the blather must actually produce something, and Tech because we have to show, again, that the bigger the better, this time with a whole new crew of backs. And for me as a fan, a chance for Thomas to shine on a national stage. Those folks will see why he dazzles people.