Sims vs. Pickett

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Sims has shown so many flashes of greatness, to me it is shocking when I hear about people questioning whether he’s the guy.
I'm right there with you. I felt like I was watching him take a huge step in his maturation process last night. A couple of the deep throws were just a tick off and that's in spite of him not having a clean pocket very often. He was our entire offense and he kept getting up after all the hits and after all the times his receivers dropped balls. Did he make mistakes? Of course he did. He's a true frosh and he's going to continue to make mistakes. But it looks to me like he's making fewer and fewer of those.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
I see Sims running for his life at least 60% of the time. The kid is a winner.. just needs time to make the reads instead of a pocket collapsing in 2 seconds against top 30 defenses.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Sims has shown so many flashes of greatness, to me it is shocking when I hear about people questioning whether he’s the guy.
He had accuracy issues in high school and has had accuracy issues so far in college. It’s hard to say how easy that is to correct. That’s the main issue. He fixes that, and improves his decision making a bit then the sky is the limit.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Get a quality oline and then we can decide Sims fate. What he’s working with now isn’t a whole lot better than what Graham had last year.
We can’t keep a pocket for more than a second and we have no one at wr that can get open.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Sims going to be fine, y’all are picking apart a true freshman. When he lights it up y’all will all be on your knees
Completely agree. To be frank, true freshman shouldn’t be starting except for a few cases. We shouldn’t be having to judge Sim’s performance because he should be learning on the sidelines right now, but we don’t have an experienced QB