Should we be Glad we lost to Duke and UNC?

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Was thinking about this today - what would the world look like if we had won one or both of those games?

I'd like to think everything would have played out as it did, but I don't think that it would have...

The losing streak forced a change in tactics on defense, and it seems that it awoke something in this team - if these changes hadn't happened when they did, I don't know we'd have won every game since...

I just think the team prior to the losing streak was a completely different beast from that we see today... Without that wake up call, and when it happened, I think we'd looking at a worse record at this stage - not necessarily better...

What say you?

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I would have rather beat Duke and UNC. I think we knew that defense needed serious attention. I can't think of any game we would be better off losing.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Ehhhh. I would have traded the NC State win for the Duke loss, just to get the division settled earlier. Other than that, it's impossible to know.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
UNC is a bad loss that will limit our ceiling in the polls. It isn't good that it happened, and I agree with @jeffgt14 that we would have made the defensive changes even if we had won that shootout

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
If had beat UNC and Duke and won all the other games like we did and had a 12-0 record, we'd be ranked #10.. you know, because we're ACC.

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you might be right about the Duke game but that UNC game, we would have made some changes anyways because it would have been so close. I wish we didn't score so fast...