Shawn Green

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I know that Randy Waters commented that it was his knee and wouldn't be back for the game. The latter was true. Thankfully we wer able to do well any way.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@potatohead
Assume you mean for their knees instead of teeth. Sure that most are out of braces for their teeth, if they ever wore any. For their knees, most don't wear them unless they've had issues in the past.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We will really miss him Vs Clemson if he cant go. Don't want him back too soon and aggravate the injury more....but man I hope he is able to go.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
@potatohead
Assume you mean for their knees instead of teeth. Sure that most are out of braces for their teeth, if they ever wore any. For their knees, most don't wear them unless they've had issues in the past.
It wasn't that long ago when all the OL wore braces on there knees. Times have changed?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Looked at some of the UVA game and didn't notice any of the Dline with braces. Granted a couple of guys had socks up to their knees and could be covering a brace.

SocialCircleGTFan

Georgia Tech Fan
As someone that wears a knee brace to play sports that include lateral movement, i would say it would help more than hurt. It gives you more confidence in your ability to play, but from the medical standpoint they say it doesn't help your leg get stronger. I have had patella dislocation on several occasions, which is not necessarily the same as a ACL type injury, but it sucks all the same...

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
The problem I have with knee braces is that they actually make you more injury prone because they weaken the muscles around the knee longterm. If you've had a knee injury, they'll help prevent recurrence but you always have to train without the brace and only play with it. I am sure our training staff is on top of that, though.