Shamire Devine is my favorite player

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I said he was geek last year and got crucified, but it is what it is. He's a geek. That's one of the reasons I'm pulling for him so much, it's great.

I love it and the fact that most of the players on the team have such varied interest.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who has seen Shamire's twitter feed knows he's the most "Georgia Tech Georgia Tech" player.

In all seriousness, I would like to see the opposition find out about this and try to make fun of him on the field. Go ahead and poke the bear opposing LBs and DLs. Shamire doesn't play with a nasty streak, and he was smearing 4/5 star defenders into the turf last season. Have fun with an angry Shamire wanting to take you out.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
I said he was geek last year and got crucified, but it is what it is. He's a geek. That's one of the reasons I'm pulling for him so much, it's great.

I love it and the fact that most of the players on the team have such varied interest.

Don't know why you would, he certainly is a geek, as is the majority of the Tech population. I think some people don't realize that being a geek isn't nearly as bad these days as it used to be.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I think some people don't realize that being a geek isn't nearly as bad these days as it used to be.
images

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I was sold on Shamire after my haberdasher told me about him. And I quote, "He has the fastest feet I've ever seen on a guy that size! It's like watching a really fast 360 lb. basketball forward play football." Sure enough, he does and it is.

Now a regret: what if Hall, his teammate (6'5", 325), had made it into Tech? Yikes. But I'll take Shamire any day of the week. Keep at it, big guy! You don't really have a ceiling, you know.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I was sold on Shamire after my haberdasher told me about him. And I quote, "He has the fastest feet I've ever seen on a guy that size! It's like watching a really fast 360 lb. basketball forward play football." Sure enough, he does and it is.

Now a regret: what if Hall, his teammate (6'5", 325), had made it into Tech? Yikes. But I'll take Shamire any day of the week. Keep at it, big guy! You don't really have a ceiling, you know.
Where did Hall end up, btw? I remember both these guys being really good recruits, curious if he's made an impact yet.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Just an assumption...

Probably bc it came during the time that CPJ stated there are some guys that were just happy to be on the team and didn't care about wins or losses.

Maybe out of denial, many were hoping Shamire didn't fit in that box

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

I wish I'd seen that thread. I couldn't agree more. No one questioned why, quite frankly, one of the best OL in the entire country wanted to play here? He's a Tech kid through and through, and I dig it.