Season ticket holder seating at Mercedes Benz

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I asked my season ticket rep how this will work... I'm not impressed at all by the response. If this is not a 1to1 seating at Mercedes Benz I will be very disappointed.

Screenshot_20190227-151202_Messages.jpg

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I mean, honestly wouldn’t expect them to have this 100% ironed out yet. But I am 109% sure that there will be plenty of people that complain about their seat whenever the time arrives.

Oh forsure. I'm just expecting to end up in the 300s somehow. And I will be pissed lololol

herb

Helluva Engineer
It's been just over 24 hours since they announced and you expect them to have all the detailed for a game 2+ years away? Come on now, let's be a little reasonable.....
There is nothing reasonable about this, it is college football. ;)

We have the majority of the allotment. (I would hope so if we are renting the building) According to the map there are 10 sections of seats between the 20s. Each has 35 rows, again according to the maps on the interwebs. It appears they average 24 seats a row. So approximately 8,400 seats. How does that compare to BDS?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
It's been just over 24 hours since they announced and you expect them to have all the detailed for a game 2+ years away? Come on now, let's be a little reasonable.....

I mean you would think you would go into this with some sort of plan. I was hoping he would spill the beans on something one way or the other.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Here's what I'd expect to happen:
1) Georgia Tech/MBS sets pricing for the game
2) MBS Personal Seat License Holders exercise their option to buy or decline
3) Georgia Tech then gets control of all available seats
4) Georgia Tech determines locations for band, recruits and visitors
5) Georgia Tech assigns seats based on BDS location/priority

It'll take some time to figure it out, but the good news is that there's 625 days until the game. Cut your ticket rep some slack!

Not sure if they consider any levels beyond 100 to be lower level, but they did clearly state this:
All 2019 Georgia Tech football season-ticket members will have priority to lower-level seats for the 2020 game versus Notre Dame at Mercedes-Benz Stadium

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Here's what I'd expect to happen:
1) Georgia Tech/MBS sets pricing for the game
2) MBS Personal Seat License Holders exercise their option to buy or decline
3) Georgia Tech then gets control of all available seats
4) Georgia Tech determines locations for band, recruits and visitors
5) Georgia Tech assigns seats based on BDS location/priority

It'll take some time to figure it out, but the good news is that there's 625 days until the game. Cut your ticket rep some slack!

So PSLs matter for non falcon games???

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
There is nothing reasonable about this, it is college football. ;)

We have the majority of the allotment. (I would hope so if we are renting the building) According to the map there are 10 sections of seats between the 20s. Each has 35 rows, again according to the maps on the interwebs. It appears they average 24 seats a row. So approximately 8,400 seats. How does that compare to BDS?

Don't know the exact number, but sections: 104-108 are between the 20s. About 46-48 rows of about 24 seats. On the other side there are CL1-CL4 plus a little of 124 and 127(say 8 seats/row for 124 and 127 with 35 rows and 28 rows times 74 seats/row for all club sections) The total is approximately 8,000 seats on the lower level between the 20s.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
So PSLs matter for non falcon games???
I talked about this in the other thread. Only the top of the top PSL owners (think Suite and 50 yrd line) are guaranteed seats to every event and they aren't even guaranteed their exact seats to my knowledge. All other PSL owners, from highest paying to lowest, are given the option to buy seats before the general public. So GT STH should get seats before anyone in theory.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Yes wait till next week :) if you don't like their answer call back the following week, if you still don't like the answer call back again. This is how my wife gets what she wants.

I talked about this in the other thread. Only the top of the top PSL owners (think Suite and 50 yrd line) are guaranteed seats to every event and they aren't even guaranteed their exact seats to my knowledge. All other PSL owners, from highest paying to lowest, are given the option to buy seats before the general public. So GT STH should get seats before anyone in theory.
Are they guaranteed seats for private events? For instance, if the reps or dems decide to hold their convention there, are PSL owners guaranteed seats for those events? Since Tech will be renting out MBS, or that's what it sounds like, then our games there will essentially be private events. Why would PSL holders be guaranteed anything for those games?

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Are they guaranteed seats for private events? For instance, if the reps or dems decide to hold their convention there, are PSL owners guaranteed seats for those events? Since Tech will be renting out MBS, or that's what it sounds like, then our games there will essentially be private events. Why would PSL holders be guaranteed anything for those games?
I have no idea about that. I didn't ask too many questions on that because I knew I couldn't afford a $45,000 per seat PSL. The amount of people that are guaranteed seats is not that many. I would say 5,000 tops but that's a complete guess on my part.

I have no idea about that. I didn't ask too many questions on that because I knew I couldn't afford a $45,000 per seat PSL. The amount of people that are guaranteed seats is not that many. I would say 5,000 tops but that's a complete guess on my part.
I would suspect that they don't have privileges for private events, and it seems to me that a college renting the place for a football game, no matter how public that might sound, is actually a private affair. JMO

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I would suspect that they don't have privileges for private events, and it seems to me that a college renting the place for a football game, no matter how public that might sound, is actually a private affair. JMO
I agree. If PSL owners get the option for tickets it should be very late in the process like a month before. GT fans should have every opportunity to fill it first.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
They don't have access to private events (have been to corporate parties there), but I bet it is worded that they have access to any event where tickets are sold to the general public.