Scott Stricklin to be New Director of Operations

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Other than the report from Kendall Rogers, any confirmation elsewhere?

May be true, I wouldn't bet against it. But who knows till it's confirmed. I don't understand bringing Strickland in as Director of Operations unless looking for him to be next head coach and pushing Ramsey away.

Maybe Strickland's first assignment will be to find Hall's replacement with the stipulation it can't be him. (See, I can still speculate without facts like the old days.)

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
From the outside, not impressed at what he did at ugag. He leaves and they get good. Not especially excited to have more good ole boys around. 1-year deal? My google search below. Maybe he's better at administrative duties.

The Director of Baseball Operations is responsible for managing the Athletics Department operations of the baseball program. Their duties and responsibilities include:
  • Maintaining appropriate equipment inventories for Baseball
  • Monitoring and coordinating all recruiting functions
  • Coordinating logistics for events
  • Serving as the academic liaison for compliance and admission procedures
  • Assisting with summer camps
  • Handling daily operating functions within the program

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
It is odd that X has been the only media content around it. With that I am still waiting on Halls farewell tour announcement.

gtbeak

Ramblin' Wreck
It could be that this isn't a position that warrants any kind of announcement. As described above, it isn't an on-field position and doesn't really carry a ton of responsibility. Tyler Gibson was in this role last season. Perhaps he is a household name to you guys, but his is a name I didn't recognize prior to searching it out.

This quote from Stricklin that was published in the Athens Banner-Herald last week seems to indicate that he considers it a done deal:

“I love the game of baseball and missed being a part of it,” Stricklin said in a text message. “This is a great opportunity be on a staff full of coaches that I know well, respect and trust. I’m excited to be back in college baseball.” - Scott Stricklin on August 22nd

ETA: If it turns out that the Stricklin report is incorrect, here is the job posting for those interested:

Last edited: