Rolling Stone's Take on the ACC Championship Game

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech's three-card monte offense left Florida State defenders grasping and missing. Quarterback Justin Thomas performed so much sleight of hand the refs kept checking to make sure they had their wallets. In one play in the second quarter, a receiver started in motion in one direction, then went in the other, then Thomas faked a handoff to the left, took off to the right and faked a pitch to the outside. He fooled half the crowd, three-quarters of the press box and the two defenders in front of him so completely that neither one of them made a move toward until he had already split them.

Now, let's be fair: Georgia Tech's offense does that to a lot of opponents. Every play Tech runs has so many moving pieces you expect the subs to bring a can of WD-40 with them to the huddle keep the whole machine lubed-up between plays.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...pressive-acc-champions-20141207#ixzz3LUvPuPE6
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
@ChrisYandle: .@GeorgiaTechFB leads ACC in 15 major categories, leads nation in 3rd down % and blocked kicks, and ranks Top 3 in FBS in 7 categories

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
haha why do we have to hate the guy.. he wrote an article in ROLLING STONE.. it isn't exactly supposed to be a sport's wonk piece.
I thought it was funny and expected from Rolling Stone. I sensed a lot of respect for us in the write up. I too like the three-card monte offense title to our O. I wonder what CPJ thought??

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was complimentary of us in a very back-handed way, as if they should have blown us out and the fact we kept it close is a sign FSU isn't very good. I thought that game just showed the world that we aren't that far behind the FSUs of the world, not that they are weak.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
image.jpg