RIP Ken Bonifay GT QB & BB Letterwinner 1966-1968 (Link)

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Love those old Spotbilt cleats!
What I wore for my first three years at GT... complete with the white plastic discs on the heels in place of cleats... "to keep you from planting your heel & getting a knee injury."

Year four was the first AstroTurf experiment & everything Riddell, SpotBilt, Puma, adidas, Onitsuka Tigers, and any & everything else, ALL before the Eugene, Oregon crowd thought about a football shoe.... first time I saw a Nike football shoe was on Anthony Davis of USC(Real) wearing 'em vs the Domers as he ran all over them in the 2nd half of a TV game about 1974 or so.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
What I wore for my first three years at GT... complete with the white plastic discs on the heels in place of cleats... "to keep you from planting your heel & getting a knee injury."

Year four was the first AstroTurf experiment & everything Riddell, SpotBilt, Puma, adidas, Onitsuka Tigers, and any & everything else, ALL before the Eugene, Oregon crowd thought about a football shoe.... first time I saw a Nike football shoe was on Anthony Davis of USC(Real) wearing 'em vs the Domers as he ran all over them in the 2nd half of a TV game about 1974 or so.
I’ve heard heel cleats shorten your snap, too. Ha! I can never forget that night at Willie Brice, Charlie!