RIP Jerry Tarkanian

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Personally I was a big fan of the shark. He was a humanitarian and took in a lot of difficult kids and gave them second chances.

He always had fun teams to watch and coached my all time favorite player at any level in LJ

Loved his book as well. Behind "Fab Five" its my favorite sports biography.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow...him and Dean Smith within days of each other.

Hope heaven has a bunch of towels ready for the guy to munch on.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Personally I was a big fan of the shark. He was a humanitarian and took in a lot of difficult kids and gave them second chances.

He always had fun teams to watch and coached my all time favorite player at any level in LJ

Loved his book as well. Behind "Fab Five" its my favorite sports biography.

I was always a fan of his simply based on the shellacking he laid on Duke that year. Outside of GT's moments over the years, that was just one of the greatest moments I've ever had watching CBB. Man college basketball has fallen off since those days, but I digress.

Too bad UNLV never met Duke again. What's that you say? A rematch? Nah, I don't recall that for some reason.

RIP Tark

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
My dad attended UNLV while he was there. So I have heard all the stats and stories about him. Also as a young boy being forced to watch the runnin rebels play duke on VHS in the championship. This is were I developed my strong dislike of Duke. But the way he coached and style of play he used was one of the reason I wanted to become a basketball coach when I get older. RIP Tark, keep chewing on that towel in heaven!

Last edited: