Remote Work

minorityoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Good morning!

I wasn’t sure if this was the proper place to post this, but I did not notice any better options.

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding remote work as someone looking to transition out of education (technical college)?

I scroll through LinkedIn on a daily basis. Just curious about other, lesser known options… thanks, Swarm!

PS— (or anyone with real estate connections in western North Carolina/Asheville as I have my Georgia real estate license and may be moving soon; therefore, acquiring my NC license is likely)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Thank you, Stinger! It is all moving parts at the moment (no pun intended).
After moving 20 times in my life I think I’m finished. When I was younger I actually got restless after a few years in a place and looked forward to discovering a new place. Now I just wonder what to do with all my junk even though I’ve downsized several times. But out of all my moves I’ve only regretted one and all the others added something to my life.

Good luck!

minorityoption

Georgia Tech Fan
After moving 20 times in my life I think I’m finished. When I was younger I actually got restless after a few years in a place and looked forward to discovering a new place. Now I just wonder what to do with all my junk even though I’ve downsized several times. But out of all my moves I’ve only regretted one and all the others added something to my life.

Good luck!
I’m pretty much the opposite. I promised myself I would consider moving for me once my child graduated high school.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

Good luck!
According to Karlin, it's "stuff."

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Good morning!

I wasn’t sure if this was the proper place to post this, but I did not notice any better options.

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding remote work as someone looking to transition out of education (technical college)?

I scroll through LinkedIn on a daily basis. Just curious about other, lesser known options… thanks, Swarm!

PS— (or anyone with real estate connections in western North Carolina/Asheville as I have my Georgia real estate license and may be moving soon; therefore, acquiring my NC license is likely)
Hi there, I work remotely for a company called Toptal, which specializes in helping freelancers find work. Almost all of the freelancers we match with clients are remote. What type of work are you looking for? Toptal may not be the right fit for you (we work with software developers, product managers, management consultants and marketing experts), but a platform like Upwork may be a good place to start.

minorityoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi there, I work remotely for a company called Toptal, which specializes in helping freelancers find work. Almost all of the freelancers we match with clients are remote. What type of work are you looking for? Toptal may not be the right fit for you (we work with software developers, product managers, management consultants and marketing experts), but a platform like Upwork may be a good place to start.
Thank you for responding. My eyes and ears are open to new opportunities. I suppose I’m looking for a change out of education that may still use transferable skills. Something with a creative component that might include supporting/coaching people… My apologies for the lack of clarity. I think I have some abilities that have not been developed and it is time to do so. I have an MBA if that matters although I anticipate the paths I will likely end up taking will not require that.

Probably unlikely related, but I have interests in music, film, architecture, psychology, sports front offices, international cultures, and tiny homes.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Covid helped you with this. Remote work is much more popular now. I myself will be looking to transistion in 3 more years when my youngest graduates high school. I am going to buy a large plot of land and will look to support my lifestyle with remote work.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Covid helped you with this. Remote work is much more popular now. I myself will be looking to transistion in 3 more years when my youngest graduates high school. I am going to buy a large plot of land and will look to support my lifestyle with remote work.
3 years. I already have the farm in East Alabama! I can do what I do from anywhere in the world, I already do.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
3 years. I already have the farm in East Alabama! I can do what I do from anywhere in the world, I already do.
I plan on making my land purchase at the end of this year or begining of next. Have to find the right spot with mountain view and water. That will give me two years to prepare. How big is the farm?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I plan on making my land purchase at the end of this year or begining of next. Have to find the right spot with mountain view and water. That will give me two years to prepare. How big is the farm?
183 acres. I will lease the land for cattle farming and take care of the horses and plant a garden. I don't anticipate getting too ambitious. Maybe I'll grow corn, rye, and barley and distill my own bourbon. Bootlegger! Good to have the engineering background to know how to do that.

minorityoption

Georgia Tech Fan
183 acres. I will lease the land for cattle farming and take care of the horses and plant a garden. I don't anticipate getting too ambitious. Maybe I'll grow corn, rye, and barley and distill my own bourbon. Bootlegger! Good to have the engineering background to know how to do that.
This sounds quite ambitious to me!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have a friend who runs an international head hunter company that specializes in agriculture. He can operate remotely in dozens of countries but chose to live on a mountain in GA.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Put me in for two bottles of the first release!