Record Setting Defeats for Ranked Teams

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I kind of enjoy flying under the radar.
I think the Canes underestimated us and thought they would be celebrating today- Did anyone else notice they ran off the field and didn't shake hands? They were totally devastated !

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The way you get ridiculous record setting defeats of ranked teams is . . . to do a terrible job of ranking teams to begin with. When the media from the preseason arbitrarily decides based on no evidence to rank every flipping team in a conference in the top ten well then you are going to get a ton of them getting beat all at the same time 4-5 weeks on after they get done destroying tiny directional schools at home and actually have to play road conference games.

If the fix wasn't in from the start with unjustifiable choices in preseason rankings then these kind of "record" weekends don't occur. Even if someone doesn't heed Public Enemy's advice and instead believes the SEC hype that the joke network force feeds on us all; you have to at least recognize the polls are a joke when UNC was ranked preseason, right?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Agree! At this point we know absolutely nothing much. Those that were pronouncing Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio St, Nebraska, etc National champs have egg on their face. It is a long season and anything can still happen. Why not us?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I kind of enjoy flying under the radar.
I think the Canes underestimated us and thought they would be celebrating today- Did anyone else notice they ran off the field and didn't shake hands? They were totally devastated !
I noticed several UM players congratulating their GT counterparts. I also saw Laskey consoling the kid from Fayetteville (#47). I assume they were probably teammates at Stars Mill?