Random Fact of the Day

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This year's incoming freshmen were not born yet the last time that Georgia Tech did not go to a bowl game.

18 consecutive years

Like the thought. But, are you sure that won't be closer to the whole class with the 2016 or more likely the 2017 class?

Our bowl streak started back in 1997 int he Car Quest Bowl (now Russell Athletic). To have not been born before the streak, they'd have to have been born the night of 12/29/1997 or after, maybe this can be today's random fact?!?!? :D

That would mean that our incoming class is all 17 year old or younger. I don't think that's the case. ;)

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Like the thought. But, are you sure that won't be closer to the whole class with the 2016 or more likely the 2017 class?

Our bowl streak started back in 1997 int he Car Quest Bowl (now Russell Athletic). To have not been born before the streak, they'd have to have been born the night of 12/29/1997 or after, maybe this can be today's random fact?!?!? :D

That would mean that our incoming class is all 17 year old or younger. I don't think that's the case. ;)
ahhh, but the last time we did NOT go to a bowl was after the 1996 season. So anyone born after our last game that season on 11/30/1996 has never been alive for any part of a Georgia Tech football season that did not include a bowl game. I do think that the majority of incoming freshmen were born after that date, but maybe not all.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This year's incoming freshmen were not born yet the last time that Georgia Tech did not go to a bowl game.

18 consecutive years
Yeah, but what did the uniform look like the last time they did not go to a bowl? Someone needs to dig deep and see if there is a correlation.
Please stop suggesting this. We will be on uniforms for 45 days.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
ahhh, but the last time we did NOT go to a bowl was after the 1996 season. So anyone born after our last game that season on 11/30/1996 has never been alive for any part of a Georgia Tech football season that did not include a bowl game. I do think that the majority of incoming freshmen were born after that date, but maybe not all.

Got it... ;) Next years should be fit the bill totally. (becase we darn well better be in a bowl game this year :) )