Question for those able to view Pitt game

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was hurricaned out. Even the local radio station wasn't working, but found the game on some distant signal. I started listening just before they had the ball with first and 25. I was looking for something to kick after they converted.

Did we play their receivers any tighter, or did we give them the usual big cushion?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
you really don't want to know. Let it go. The answer will only bring pain. Be thankful you did not see it and get ready for the next game. We are undefeated this week.

I was hurricaned out. Even the local radio station wasn't working, but found the game on some distant signal. I started listening just before they had the ball with first and 25. I was looking for something to kick after they converted.

Did we play their receivers any tighter, or did we give them the usual big cushion?
If you ever have that problem again, assuming you have power, you can listen to a live stream on your computer at http://tunein.com/radio/Georgia-Tech-IMG-Sports-Network-s230311/

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We didn’t really play the receivers any different than we normally play on 1st and 10. Which is give them the 8 yard out.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
the issue we had was not how close we played the receivers - and for completeness it was a mix of close and off of them.

The issue was we never adjusted to a speed sweep they ran whenever they needed 5 or so yards. Our DEs never reacted to the need to just blast any receiver in motion across the backfield and acted surprised when the ball was by them. We actually did OK on their power I type runs but this play killed us - and did it all game long which was the most frustrating part to it.