Pressley Harvin for Heisman

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure when the campaign officially kicks off, but you certainly need the media on your side to start.

Even now, Harvin will be out in Atlanta, a Georgia Tech shirt pulled tight around his stout frame, and folks will stop to ask if he plays. He’ll smile and say yes, then tell them to guess his position. Inevitably, they’ll suggest running back or linebacker.

Nope, he tells them. Punter.

Jaws drop. Really?

“Every time, it’s the same reaction,” Harvin said. “I understand my size is big, but every time I hear it, it’s funny.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Heisman is a little far-fetched for a punter, but I sure hope he gets the Ray Guy award as the nation's top punter.
Was meant tic. Though obviously he is a huge weapon for us and I expect his contribution on Thursday to be meaningful. It's easier to swallow a 3 and out when you can still flip the field.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like he struggled a bit last year, compared to his freshman campaign at least. But even his “struggles” were better than most we’ve had.

I’m sure he’ll get a lot more opportunities under the new regime, including some coffin corner attempts (hard to get those when you almost never punt between the 40s)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Was meant tic. Though obviously he is a huge weapon for us and I expect his contribution on Thursday to be meaningful. It's easier to swallow a 3 and out when you can still flip the field.

I expect him to be like Durant Brooks was for us...a big time weapon to give our defense breathing room when the offense is stagnating. It can be pretty demoralizing for the other team when they hold you to a 3 and out at your own 20, but then end up starting at their own 20 because the punter boomed it over the PR’s head.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I expect him to be like Durant Brooks was for us...a big time weapon to give our defense breathing room when the offense is stagnating. It can be pretty demoralizing for the other team when they hold you to a 3 and out at your own 20, but then end up starting at their own 20 because the punter boomed it over the PR’s head.

Harvin has a bigger leg than Brooks, but Brooks had GREAT directional accuracy and touch. Harvin doesn't quite have that yet. If Harvin can develop that...WOW.