Pray for the panhandle, S GA

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It appears that it is going to be bad in the panhandle and South Georgia.

It also looks like it is going to be bad in Northern and Northwestern GA. Potentially still tropical storm passing through Atlanta with 8-10" or rain? The ground is wet from the system today. There could be many trees down, people killed, power out for many days if not a week or more, roads closed. As fast as the storm is moving, it might have the potential to have more damage in central and Northern GA than in the panhandle. Not saying that the storm will be worse here, but I don't think construction in Northern GA is up to hurricane and tropical storm standards.

Looks like a very bad storm for everyone in it's path.

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
It appears that it is going to be bad in the panhandle and South Georgia.

It also looks like it is going to be bad in Northern and Northwestern GA. Potentially still tropical storm passing through Atlanta with 8-10" or rain? The ground is wet from the system today. There could be many trees down, people killed, power out for many days if not a week or more, roads closed. As fast as the storm is moving, it might have the potential to have more damage in central and Northern GA than in the panhandle. Not saying that the storm will be worse here, but I don't think construction in Northern GA is up to hurricane and tropical storm standards.

Looks like a very bad storm for everyone in it's path.
My pecan farm north 25 miles of Tallahassee will take a hammering again, probably worse that Michael. The trees are loaded with nuts but still in the green hull, all likely to be blown out the trees and many trees may fall. With the large number of mobile homes in Grady county, casualties are anticipated for those who remain in them. My storm shelter is a 40 foot shipping container staked to the ground with 6 foot steel rods. Should be safe as it has been in all the past storms. With peanuts plowed up and still on the ground, along with cotton in the fields, this will be catastrophic to the farmers. Currently, the main path width is expected to be between Valdosta and Bainbridge and move on up middle Georgia through Albany, Macon and Atlanta.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
My pecan farm north 25 miles of Tallahassee will take a hammering again, probably worse that Michael. The trees are loaded with nuts but still in the green hull, all likely to be blown out the trees and many trees may fall. With the large number of mobile homes in Grady county, casualties are anticipated for those who remain in them. My storm shelter is a 40 foot shipping container staked to the ground with 6 foot steel rods. Should be safe as it has been in all the past storms. With peanuts plowed up and still on the ground, along with cotton in the fields, this will be catastrophic to the farmers. Currently, the main path width is expected to be between Valdosta and Bainbridge and move on up middle Georgia through Albany, Macon and Atlanta.
Sorry for you expected economic loss.

I don't know much about hurricanes, and I know nothing about building standards and requirements in Florida, Georgia, nor the differences between them. I suspect that Georgia's standards are less strict with regard to wind ratings. It looks like the people in Macon and even Atlanta are going to get weather that people in Grady County are accustomed to from a hurricane. And that people in Grady County are going to get weather that they have never seen before. I would say there is a good chance for a large loss of life. Hopefully I am wrong about that.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
This thing’s curving like a banana then it’s expected to bend the other way. Tallahassee may end up getting it a bit easier than previously thought. Big Bend needs to be prepared because it’s gonna get hammered again.

Been thru a storm that weaved like that before and you get a double dose of rain if you in the wrong spot, get spared if you’re on the other side.

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
prayers to you Tommy!!