Plenty of competition at A-Back

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait to see Snoddy play this fall. Hopefully, some of the other guys can step up and become playmakers. It hasn't been hard for CPJ to find replacements at that position over his years here though.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I want to see I. Willis.He has a lot of time in the program and shows some ability.He should easily be the #3 aback in the Fall.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
The 5 known guys could form a nice rotation, so we don't necessarily need any of the true freshman to play this fall.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The 5 known guys could form a nice rotation, so we don't necessarily need any of the true freshman to play this fall.
I think we will get one or two to play:
for class balance
injury insurance
one or two show potential talent way better than one or more of the five

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I agree with those who say CPJ seems to be able to make this position work every year no matter what. Several times we have lost our top A-back and been unsure going into the next season. Each time a new "star" has emerged, whether Orwin Smith or Godhigh or Snoddy. This season looks right on schedule with A-back.

Can't wait to see Snoddy play this fall. Hopefully, some of the other guys can step up and become playmakers. It hasn't been hard for CPJ to find replacements at that position over his years here though.
Dennis Andrews will be on the field a lot because of his blocking ability. Hopefully he will have opportunities to carry the ball as well. I think he's due for a 600-700 yard year, just enough to keep defenses off Justin Thomas.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Dennis Andrews will be on the field a lot because of his blocking ability. Hopefully he will have opportunities to carry the ball as well. I think he's due for a 600-700 yard year, just enough to keep defenses off Justin Thomas.
Think he or Snoddy would be the best 600+ bet? If any of them? (That's not a slam at ability, but the most recent 4-6 Abacks getting into games.)

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I think a lot of that has to do with we can get very serviceable "tweener" RBs (guys who aren't considered big enough to be every down P5 backs) and slot them at AB. I'm real excited about someone like JJ Green there - not that we've been lacking at AB but the more talented RBs (Allen, Orwin, etc.) have done AWESOME at the position.