Paul Johnson press conference today at 11:30

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Some notes

- Trying to find a way to use Snoddy

- Jeune could play if needed

- Isaiah wants to play..will be sooner rather than later

- Summers and Dennis will start at WR...Smelter is in red at practice but should be a go this week.

- Justin Thomas is banged up but should be back for Saturday

- Said we had a good camp

- Joe and McNair only serious injuries coming out of camp...McNair should be back for Duke.

- Said Elon has a good MLB and SS

-
-

- Said David Sims had a good of a camp as anybody has had in a long time

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait to see Sims on two good legs!!! How do you give enough snaps to satify Sims, Laskey and Snoddy? We should never, and I mean never, have a tired B back in the game. Fresh legs, BABY!

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Great to hear about Sims. We really missed the great production Dwyer gave us from the B-back position.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait to see Sims on two good legs!!! How do you give enough snaps to satify Sims, Laskey and Snoddy? We should never, and I mean never, have a tired B back in the game. Fresh legs, BABY!

Yeah, it's an interesting comment after the, "He needed to," regarding Sims' good 1st scrimmage. I think that with the number of plays we run involving the B-Back, getting his carries won't be a big problem, and I agree about fresh legs.

Also, when you consider that our D is going to be giving us 3+ more possessions a game, we're going to need the depth!

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
With the WR issues (depth/discipline), I'd kinda like to see B.J. Bostic get snaps there. I know he is a valuable AB with probably the best hands at that position, but his body type, speed, and hands remind me of Autry last year. I'm not trying to say he should switch positions. I'm just trying to keep football talk going!!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I've always thought way don't they cross train some of the ABacks into WR or Bback positions and vice versa.
Hill, Zenon, & Bostic could all be WR's
Andrew & Days could be Bbacks & WR's
and of course Perkins could play Bback.

Honestly I don't really like the position titles ABack & Bback, it makes the offense sound even more gimmicky. Especially considering we don't use a TE.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's all in what you're used to. Some may think Fullback, Halfback and Quarterback are strange considering where you see them in today's offense. Shouldn't the fullback be all the way back and the half back be only half way back? Who cares what you call them.