Pastner v bell

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
While get old and stay old was a nice slogan the reality of get old then rebuild again wasn't a good plan.
I believe the Bell crap created doubt about Pastner's future. And the NCAA didn't help that with the sanctions that Bell intentionally caused. Pastner is a good guy and may be a defensive genius. His match-up zone ideas are crazy good.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
While get old and stay old was a nice slogan the reality of get old then rebuild again wasn't a good plan.
It’s fairly humorous that as soon as Pastner adopted Breys tactic, Notre Dame went into the tank.

Guys like Calipari are always setting the trend not adapting to it. And I’m aware of BBN fans questioning their coach. They’re morons

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I believe the Bell crap created doubt about Pastner's future. And the NCAA didn't help that with the sanctions that Bell intentionally caused. Pastner is a good guy and may be a defensive genius. His match-up zone ideas are crazy good.
Thank you!

I hate that people denigrate him. I’m living proof that a person can prefer the current coach while also recognizing that the previous coach did not reach his full potential due to impossible outside circumstances.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Thank you!

I hate that people denigrate him. I’m living proof that a person can prefer the current coach while also recognizing that the previous coach did not reach his full potential due to impossible outside circumstances.

I’ve seen very little dissing of Pastner since he’s been gone. I mean night and day compared to Geoffrey. I think almost all the fanbase like the guy. If I ran into him I’d thank him for being our coach and a genuine dude.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I really want to see Pastner get another head coaching job. I’m not sure it would be P6 level but I’d love to root for him in March.
I have no doubt he'll get another head coaching job. I supported him as long as he was our coach. I didn't see any way bashing him helped anybody. He really started to lose me when it sounded like he thought it was normal to have to reset expectations after Jose/Moses left.

I don't think he thinks big enough to be a power conference coach. And that's okay if you are not a power conference team. There is too much competition at the highest level to be that complacent.

With all of that being said, anyone trying to tear down his few accomplishments are lame. He had a few of those and just because you didn't like him or wanted him gone doesn't make them go away. Harumpf.