Parking for 2024?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is in the nature of a request and there is no reason why anyone should drop everything and reply unless they feel like it.

I live in mortal fear that I have missed the e-mail for submitting parking applications that the TECHTIX people say is still in the works. I really can't attend the games unless I can park near one of the golf cart routes.

Has anyone else gotten the fatal e-mail and signed up for 2024 parking? If so, when did the thing come to your in-box?

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Seconded. Received one today as well. A little odd they don't verify location?

Allocation of parking passes for the 2024 football season is officially underway. To streamline the process of fulfilling parking pass orders, we ask that you use the button below to specify your preference for settling the outstanding balance.

If you do not select an option at the link below or contact our office by March 29, your parking pass will be removed from your account.
If you have already settled payment for your 2024 parking pass, kindly disregard this message. Should you encounter any issues or require further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our ticket office at 888-TECH-TIX.

We look forward to seeing everyone back on The Flats this fall.

Go Jackets!
ADKq_Nb1Kbs31sHJ8yzjS-jv30MjxEbsq0ZcACo6u1KMwjCUGRDrLSOlzjefuztL40pRCv4wWPHFVvh_tU9EaPFUWJSkJuuNsEQVOcz5HJLud2vEU6cZyxObk57X4mvFdoZk2i5jgqjM2L87Cbi9CbXWvcaUZfNrUxMFhOTHEmBPSiZeh3nPq13oIRf-5NXyPg=s0-d-e1-ft

Georgia Tech Athletics
150 Bobby Dodd Way, Atlanta GA 30332
[email protected]
888.TECHTIX

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I got the same email. After submitting it, I called the ticket office and confirmed that it would automatically renew it in the parking deck I have been using. I agree that the process could be improved by allowing you the option of renewing in the same place or showing you alternative options.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Off topic a little bit, but since the GTAA does not own the parking lots, who gets the proceeds especially since the GTAA handles the parking requests?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, either I didn't get it or I - more likely - ditched the thing "by mistake".

Thanks for the warning, guys. 29 March approaches and I need to get this settled soonest.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Off topic a little bit, but since the GTAA does not own the parking lots, who gets the proceeds especially since the GTAA handles the parking requests?
That’s a good question. There seems to be an adversarial relationship between the athletic administration and parking. At the deck I park in (Klaus), the elevators are usually locked which causes people parking on lower decks to have to walk in lanes of traffic to get out, there are usually 20-30 spaces at the entrance that are marked as no-parking, and more often than not the entrance doors are locked which means people have to enter the garage through the same lane cars are exiting. I don’t know what GTAA did to piss off the parking folks, but I wish they would bury the hatchet.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s a good question. There seems to be an adversarial relationship between the athletic administration and parking. At the deck I park in (Klaus), the elevators are usually locked which causes people parking on lower decks to have to walk in lanes of traffic to get out, there are usually 20-30 spaces at the entrance that are marked as no-parking, and more often than not the entrance doors are locked which means people have to enter the garage through the same lane cars are exiting. I don’t know what GTAA did to piss off the parking folks, but I wish they would bury the hatchet
Parking and Transportation Services is by far the worst run part of GT. Doesn’t matter if it’s from the perspective of GTAA or a visitor or a current student, they suck.

Overzealous on tickets (I got one literally while moving a couch in), buses are never on time, terrible customer service, and worst of all they oversell parking so students can’t find a spot in the lot they paid $800 for.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Parking and Transportation Services is by far the worst run part of GT. Doesn’t matter if it’s from the perspective of GTAA or a visitor or a current student, they suck.

Overzealous on tickets (I got one literally while moving a couch in), buses are never on time, terrible customer service, and worst of all they oversell parking so students can’t find a spot in the lot they paid $800 for.
Overzealous is an understatement! When I was in school I got ticked, then booted, and then towed all in one morning before 10am!! I had had a few tickets on my record before this morning, which I had not paid yet (like most students I knew). However, that morning was absurd! I was parking in my normal permit zone but had forgotten to put my tag up when the parking guy came by in the morning and put a ticket on my windshield. That ticket apparently put me over the limit to get booted so they sent someone out and put a boot on it. Then the fee for the boot put me over the next limit so they brought the tow truck out, took the boot off, and towed my car to their lot. All of that happened in less than 3 hours one morning before I even woke up!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Overzealous is an understatement! When I was in school I got ticked, then booted, and then towed all in one morning before 10am!! I had had a few tickets on my record before this morning, which I had not paid yet (like most students I knew). However, that morning was absurd! I was parking in my normal permit zone but had forgotten to put my tag up when the parking guy came by in the morning and put a ticket on my windshield. That ticket apparently put me over the limit to get booted so they sent someone out and put a boot on it. Then the fee for the boot put me over the next limit so they brought the tow truck out, took the boot off, and towed my car to their lot. All of that happened in less than 3 hours one morning before I even woke up!
So, you’re saying they are very efficient, eh?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, either I didn't get it or I - more likely - ditched the thing "by mistake".

Thanks for the warning, guys. 29 March approaches and I need to get this settled soonest.
Btw, I got my parking passes sorted out. Thanks again to this board and especially to Vespid. There is absolutely;y no doubt that I would have missed the deadline. I always do that.