Pack The Dodd

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It's because the home environment is so bad that it deflates the players. This has likely cost us multiple games over the years. I get the whole chicken and egg argument about fixing it, but the point still remains
I gotta say one of my favorite parts of road games is the atmospheres. Miami was extremely loud last night - they have a real home field advantage and forced multiple false starts.

JacketFan137

Banned
It's because the home environment is so bad that it deflates the players. This has likely cost us multiple games over the years. I get the whole chicken and egg argument about fixing it, but the point still remains
it takes tech a truly special season to get a good home crowd in attendance and you have have plenty of schools selling out games going 6-6. we shouldn’t have to be a ny6 bowl game to have a decent fan showing lol

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow

I don’t see the crowd (or lack thereof) as a big part of that.

My personal opinion is that for road games, we seem to be more focused. I don’t know if that’s due to the time it takes to travel / logistics where the whole team is together a day or two before the game or what. But that togetherness / preparation seems to outweigh the noise hostility.

A silent crowd should be result in neutrality. We’re not completely silent yet it’s like we have a home field disadvantage.

I guess my question is there something we’re doing or not doing leading up to home games different from other teams? I’ve never played football so I’m curious if folks with experience could weigh in.