Overloving Mid-Majors, Underloving MGH

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I was genuinely surprised MGH didn't get a mention on the ESPN top 100 players. I thought he would have come in around 90-100. Plays in the ACC, career averages of 11 ppg 5rpg 2apg and shoots 46% from 2 and 34% from deep.

Discuss.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Atleast put him on one of the breakout players or underrated players list. He's what? 6th or 7th in points among active players. Deserves more love than he's gotten for sure. Hopefully he can make a name for himself this year.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's gotta get better in a half court setting. He's a good defender, good on the boards on both ends, but still inconsistent with his jumper. Most of his points are coming off of transition or put backs. His ability to expand his game will be a big factor in the outcome of our season. We need him to score more.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
CBG has 1 gold star, imo: he beats georgie. If we beat georgie w/MGH scoring and dominating then each gets my attension.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well, after last night and uga's squeaker against Georgia Southwestern, I am not sure what to expect next week. Maybe this won't be much of a win. If we get it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, after last night and uga's squeaker against Georgia Southwestern, I am not sure what to expect next week. Maybe this won't be much of a win. If we get it.
I don't care if it's much of a win. It's just an important game that we do win.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was very surprised to see them squeak one out against Georgia Southwestern. While it was an exhibition, you would expect a team with the preseason hype of UGA to win that one a little more comfortably. Truth be told, you cannot take much from the exhibitions, but if I were a UGA fan, I would be concerned.

Hopefully we truck Clayton State tonight, but at the end of the day, none of it really matters.

UGA will be ready to play next Friday, as will our guys!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was very surprised to see them squeak one out against Georgia Southwestern. While it was an exhibition, you would expect a team with the preseason hype of UGA to win that one a little more comfortably. Truth be told, you cannot take much from the exhibitions, but if I were a UGA fan, I would be concerned.

Hopefully we truck Clayton State tonight, but at the end of the day, none of it really matters.

UGA will be ready to play next Friday, as will our guys!
From what I've seen, a lot of these exhibitions have been close. While they may be down a key piece with Gaines potentially out, we should not take them lightly.

Regarding the thread's original premise, we're highly dependent upon MGH, but he won't get the pub until he puts up the results. We just don't have enough "palpable buzz" for anyone to put that out there.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Couldn't agree more... If he plays well, and we win, then he will get all the love that he can handle.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think he gets to 16 ppg this season. (I hope, if not we are seriously effed) Expectations for our leaders in scoring this season from me are as such:

MGH- 16
Cox 13
Sampson 9
Tadric 9

47 ppg from those 4. We are going to need more but I think expecting more would be unrealistic. Bolden remains the wild card. We are going to have to defend the 3 and rebound very well to get to where some believe we can be (18-20 wins)

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he gets to 16 ppg this season. (I hope, if not we are seriously effed) Expectations for our leaders in scoring this season from me are as such:

MGH- 16
Cox 13
Sampson 9
Tadric 9

47 ppg from those 4. We are going to need more but I think expecting more would be unrealistic. Bolden remains the wild card. We are going to have to defend the 3 and rebound very well to get to where some believe we can be (18-20 wins)

Don't see Cox at 13, although that would be fantastic. His best has been about 4.5 ppg

I'm thinking:
MGH 15
Jackson 10
Sampson 9
Mitchell 8-9
Cox 7-8

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Reason I put him that high is because Ole Miss under Andy Kennedy is a very guard orientated offense. They have high powered perimeter players there the last few years.
We (should) run our offense through our post. DC shoots 52% for his career so I gave him the bump. My concern with him is he has never played more than 17mpg. If we can get him up around 24-26 I think he can be very effective.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Unless we are really weak on boards, Cox and Mitchell should get 18 between them a game with a bunch of Off rebs.If not we are screwed because we are not going to shoot that well esp AT FIRST.
btw- they are the Bruise Brothers as of now