Onto the TECH-mo Bowl!

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Well... a tough loss but one we can most certainly bounce back from. Next up is a foe that Tech hasn't played in two seasons, the Hokies. Do y'all think we can win if Pyron is starter again? I think we can but Blacksburg is always a hard place to play, surprisingly though we haven't lost up there since 2012!

techman

Jolly Good Fellow
it seems that GT is not very good; less of a team than VT and that NC state may be the only possible victory . So a 6-6 season at best. disappointing

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Will be a much better test for us than ND IMO. Talent levels should be pretty close. They are playing well right now, as they tend to do later in the year. Not sure why they always start so slow. I think we will be able to score 24-30 on them. Can the defense have a good game and can we clean up the special teams junk? Should be a close game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Will be a much better test for us than ND IMO. Talent levels should be pretty close. They are playing well right now, as they tend to do later in the year. Not sure why they always start so slow. I think we will be able to score 24-30 on them. Can the defense have a good game and can we clean up the special teams junk? Should be a close game.
I'm inclined to take the 8.5 points and win back what I lost on the ND game. It should indeed be a close one.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I won't say probably not, VT is no Notre Dame. Pyron can beat them.

Sure he can, but I still don’t like our chances if we’re not 100%. Hence why I said “probably not” instead of “no way”.

Zack played fairly well, all things considering, yesterday. He’s capable and I love the way he plays, but we have a top-tier starting QB in our conference. Not having him does make a difference. Now, if we get Efford back, but not King, we definitely have a better shot.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I felt at the start of the season that, with this schedule, I would be happy to get 6 wins and a bowl game, given the rebuiding Key faced. I still feel the same. One more win please.
You’ll definitely get one more win (at least). NC State is not great and we’ll beat them at home. Not sure about next week in Blacksburg. Don’t know who will be available to play (most important) and whether they’ll be rusty or hesitant…plus they owe us up there. iirc we’ve won a number of times recently in their place.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I'm inclined to take the 8.5 points and win back what I lost on the ND game. It should indeed be a close one.
I hope I am wrong but I see VT winning by double digits. We simply cannot get pressure on opposing QBs. Give Drone time and he will pick us apart. Tuten is a very good RB.

On offense we are not getting enough explosive plays (20+ yards) so we have to grind out 12 play drives to score a TD. Those are very hard to do consistently.

Our STs are currently a major liability. They have been all year. I don't see how they get fixed this week.

slugboy

Staff member
ESPN and the bookmakers like VT over us. The game is AT Lane Stadium, in Blacksburg.

They're 4-3 for the season (ESPN). They lost to a surprisingly good Vandy team. They should have beaten Miami, except for a really bad call on a hail-mary pass. Their wins are over 4 weak teams (Marshall, ODU, Stanford, and BC), so there's that.

DATEOPPONENTRESULTW-L (CONF)HI PASSHI RUSHHI REC
Sat, Aug 31@ Vanderbilt L34-27 OT 0-1 (0-0)Drones 322Tuten 34Jennings 91
Sat, Sep 7vs Marshall W31-14 1-1 (0-0)Drones 130Tuten 120Gosnell 54
Sat, Sep 14@ Old Dominion W37-17 2-1 (0-0)Drones 176Drones 117Lane 106
Sat, Sep 21vs Rutgers L26-23 2-2 (0-0)Drones 137Tuten 122Lane 38
Fri, Sep 27@7 Miami L38-34 2-3 (0-1)Drones 189Tuten 141Gosnell 53
Sat, Oct 5@ Stanford W31-7 3-3 (1-1)Drones 201Tuten 73Felton 84
Thu, Oct 17vs Boston College W42-21 4-3 (2-1)Drones 164Tuten 266Gosnell 49

We have a bad loss to Syracuse, who (on paper) we should have beaten. VT has a loss to Rutgers, which is about as bad of a loss. On the eyeball test, this is an even matchup, but it's AT Virginia Tech, and we might have some injuries.

Here's the Rutgers/VT condensed game--it was at VT, and we should be better than Rutgers, so maybe it's a close proxy:

Here's the VT vs Vandy Game--we should also be better than Vandy, and have a few things in common

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
ESPN and the bookmakers like VT over us. The game is AT Lane Stadium, in Blacksburg.

They're 4-3 for the season (ESPN). They lost to a surprisingly good Vandy team. They should have beaten Miami, except for a really bad call on a hail-mary pass. Their wins are over 4 weak teams (Marshall, ODU, Stanford, and BC), so there's that.

DATEOPPONENTRESULTW-L (CONF)HI PASSHI RUSHHI REC
Sat, Aug 31@ VanderbiltL34-27 OT0-1 (0-0)Drones 322Tuten 34Jennings 91
Sat, Sep 7vs MarshallW31-14 1-1 (0-0)Drones 130Tuten 120Gosnell 54
Sat, Sep 14@ Old DominionW37-17 2-1 (0-0)Drones 176Drones 117Lane 106
Sat, Sep 21vs RutgersL26-23 2-2 (0-0)Drones 137Tuten 122Lane 38
Fri, Sep 27@7 MiamiL38-34 2-3 (0-1)Drones 189Tuten 141Gosnell 53
Sat, Oct 5@ StanfordW31-7 3-3 (1-1)Drones 201Tuten 73Felton 84
Thu, Oct 17vs Boston CollegeW42-21 4-3 (2-1)Drones 164Tuten 266Gosnell 49

We have a bad loss to Syracuse, who (on paper) we should have beaten. VT has a loss to Rutgers, which is about as bad of a loss. On the eyeball test, this is an even matchup, but it's AT Virginia Tech, and we might have some injuries.

Here's the Rutgers/VT condensed game--it was at VT, and we should be better than Rutgers, so maybe it's a close proxy:

Here's the VT vs Vandy Game--we should also be better than Vandy, and have a few things in common

The VT coaching staff cost VT the game against Rutgers. Rutgers got 3 points on a long FG after they had punted but VT had 2 guys on the field with the same number moving the FG try up 5 yards!