Ole Miss V Troy

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Anyone watch? Knowing only the final score, it seems like a pretty lackluster performance for Ole Miss. can anyone add color?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My neighbor is an OM alum. Sounds like it was a pretty pedestrian win and never really in doubt. OM has a lot of new pieces and parts from the portal so it was about as expected. Troy is one of those teams like ECU or APP State that CAN beat a P5 team and not necessarily a paid guaranteed win. The neighbor also spoke highly of a DL that they got in the portal from GT. The name escapes me. (not my neighbor's name...his name is Eric. I'm referring to the former GT player here.)

CEB

Helluva Engineer
My neighbor is an OM alum. Sounds like it was a pretty pedestrian win and never really in doubt. OM has a lot of new pieces and parts from the portal so it was about as expected. Troy is one of those teams like ECU or APP State that CAN beat a P5 team and not necessarily a paid guaranteed win. The neighbor also spoke highly of a DL that they got in the portal from GT. The name escapes me. (not my neighbor's name...his name is Eric. I'm referring to the former GT player here.)
That makes sense when you’ve built a new team from free agency! I was kind of hoping that week 3 would still be some of that for them. Along with a little dose of over confidence on their part and maybe, just maybe....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Speaking of Ole Miss alum, the young couple that moved in directly across the street are also OM alums. (we live a few hours west of ATL and our city seems to be a landing spot for many SEC West alumni). He is in banking and seems rather indifferent to sports. She was an Ole Miss cheerleader and an avid Rebel/Black Bear/Landshark or whatever in the hell they call themselves nowadays fan. and just might be the most stunning woman* I have ever seen in person. Honestly. I am going to the GT/OM game iin Atlanta in a few weeks. I am damn sure going to the Grove now in '23. I want to see for myself what all the fuss is about.

* Besides my wife of course.