Off season complacency

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@dressedcheeseside: Certainly Shaq was a stud, but the rest of that O-Line returns intact with several players (Devine, Marshall, and Griffin) who played extensively this past season. There are also several redshirt freshman who will be pushing for early playing time. They along with Justin Thomas will set the tone for the offense.

The defense has a bunch of leaders all over the field and with CTR in charge I don't expect ANY complacency will be tolerated at all!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@dressedcheeseside: Certainly Shaq was a stud, but the rest of that O-Line returns intact with several players (Devine, Marshall, and Griffin) who played extensively this past season. There are also several redshirt freshman who will be pushing for early playing time. They along with Justin Thomas will set the tone for the offense.

The defense has a bunch of leaders all over the field and with CTR in charge I don't expect ANY complacency will be tolerated at all!
I wasn't referring to his play as a loss, though it is a huge one as well. I was referring to his leadership, especially in the off season.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Good teams that have staying power, all have common components:
Good defense - the offense will struggle at times
Good QB
Good OL
You see these attributes from grade school to the pros

My biggest question mark is if we can do the same thing next year with regard to takeaways. Takeaways were a HUGE part of our season. Pitt, Clemson, UGA, all games were we had critical takeaways. Even GSU. It's massively hard to maintain that pace, so we are going to have to be a better defense. I think we can be considering what we get back from grades / suspension on the DL. I think our offense is going to click, the defense will be the difference between 7-8 wins and another trip to the conference Championship. Good floor at 7-8 wins, though.