Not so Smart giving Butch Jones a run

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Pulling scholarship at the last minute...

SETH EMERSON 10:17 AM ET
Sources: Georgia pulled Murchison offer

My colleague Jeff Sentell is reporting that JUCO defensive lineman Larrell Murchison was silently committed since last week to Georgia, but was informed Tuesday night that the offer was being pulled.

It's not entirely clear why it happened. If it was a numbers issue, Georgia is at 25 for this class, and might have decided that its limit was 26 or 27, meaning that it expects one or two more commitments today.

As far as 2017, the team wasn't in desperate need of a defensive lineman. Its extremely deep there.

But after this season it might have needed him: John Atkins is a senior, and Trent Thompson, Jonathan Ledbetter and DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle are all draft-eligible.

That said, they'll still have David Marshall, Julian Rochester, Tyler Clark and Justin Young, and this year have also signed Malik Herring and others.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Pulling scholarship at the last minute...

SETH EMERSON 10:17 AM ET
Sources: Georgia pulled Murchison offer

My colleague Jeff Sentell is reporting that JUCO defensive lineman Larrell Murchison was silently committed since last week to Georgia, but was informed Tuesday night that the offer was being pulled.

It's not entirely clear why it happened. If it was a numbers issue, Georgia is at 25 for this class, and might have decided that its limit was 26 or 27, meaning that it expects one or two more commitments today.

As far as 2017, the team wasn't in desperate need of a defensive lineman. Its extremely deep there.

But after this season it might have needed him: John Atkins is a senior, and Trent Thompson, Jonathan Ledbetter and DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle are all draft-eligible.

That said, they'll still have David Marshall, Julian Rochester, Tyler Clark and Justin Young, and this year have also signed Malik Herring and others.
This will help UT's recruiting class which I believe from what I've seen is ranked #11 Nationally. UT needs defensive line depth and this will help.