Not GT-Georgia, but a bizarre hit on Army-Navy

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The Birddog, Navy's football board, had this posting regarding an effort to either move Army-Navy or apparently kill it altogether, as the date might interfere with Mountain West and a bowl game. An interesting and at times, as only the Birddog can be, hyperbolic, defense of a game that one assumes should need no defending. (And if this doesn't work I'm out of ideas, but it is The Birddog:

And we have newspaper people on the payroll, don’t we, Tom?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Every now and then their is chatter about Navy joining the ACC, if ND ever becomes a full fledged member. The Army Navy game would be tough if Navy ever goes to the ACCCG and then has to play Army the following week. Also it would be after the top four are announced.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
What bowl game is played the second Saturday of December?
Seems the Mountain West's champion goes to the Las Vegas Bowl, and "would not have time to prepare" -- though it would be seven days, a week, as they have now -- and wrapped into some equally bizarre equation about rankings and the CFC four. The kicker of course is that the AF Academy is involved ... and all kinds of conspiracies are afoot. (I've always wanted to write that.)

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
The thing that I heard some people at Navy were worried about is if they were not bowl eligible before the Army game they would not be taken in a bowl even if they won enough games after the Army game because the match ups for bowls are determined the Sunday night after the championship games since they joined a conference this year.