NFL by Acc and Colleges similar to Gt

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't do it that way. They list everyone who is currently on a roster, up to 90 I believe. The link I posted:
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-09-11/colleges-most-represented-2018-nfl-rosters
:shows the number of players who made a 53 man roster last fall. GT is down to 9 on that list, but Boston College is down to 11. Very different that the total number of players who at this point in time have a chance at making a roster next year.
I like your data TOTALS. I especially like that we are 2 ahead of duke and wake forest.

I like the ESPN's data as it has names, teams and positions. .

After rosters are set, I will check out your source verses the ESPN source and see if they converge at same Total. Since they hzd a first round pick and we had none pi ked, do u think we will stay ahead of duke?

I Dont keep up w nfl rules that much, but i think the CARRY PRACTICE PLAYERS - who can move on the roster if players are injured. That could be the difference. I like to know if our players are a part of any nfl team.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
No nfl count not singly indicative of football wins, but having a genius offensive minded coach has ended at gt..

Nail meets head. Nothing against CDP, but the new offensive schemes will be more in line with the offenses everyone else is running so we will most likely have to out talent them to win. Recruiting on offense will be imperative for this to occur, so bringing in the blue chippers who will make it to the NFL is doubly important.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I like your data TOTALS. I especially like that we are 2 ahead of duke and wake forest.

I like the ESPN's data as it has names, teams and positions. .

After rosters are set, I will check out your source verses the ESPN source and see if they converge at same Total. Since they hzd a first round pick and we had none pi ked, do u think we will stay ahead of duke?

I Dont keep up w nfl rules that much, but i think the CARRY PRACTICE PLAYERS - who can move on the roster if players are injured. That could be the difference. I like to know if our players are a part of any nfl team.

When the season starts teams can have 53 on the active roster, but only 46 can dress out on game day. They have 10 on the practice squad for a total of 63 players. The 10 players on the practice squad are not protected. Other teams can sign players off of practice squads. Harrison Butker was on the Carolina practice squad when the KC kicker was injured. During the offseason, NFL teams can have 90 players on the roster. That is why there are so many players right now.(27 extra players per team) The list you are looking at has every player that is currently under contract; veterans, draftees, undrafted free agents, etc. There will be many cuts between now and the end of preseason. Even before the start of training camp there will probably be players cut from one teams roster and picked up by another.

The physically unable to perform and injured reserve lists are somewhat complicated. You can't put someone on injured reserve for a week. It is a minimum of something like 8 weeks. Additionally a team can bring a maximum of two players back from injured reserve to the active roster per year. If a star player is only going to be out for a couple of weeks, it doesn't make sense to replace them.

EDIT: You will have to look for the 2019 list of NFL players by college team in the fall after the roster cuts. I don't think it will be on the same link.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When the season starts teams can have 53 on the active roster, but only 46 can dress out on game day. They have 10 on the practice squad for a total of 63 players. The 10 players on the practice squad are not protected. Other teams can sign players off of practice squads. Harrison Butker was on the Carolina practice squad when the KC kicker was injured. During the offseason, NFL teams can have 90 players on the roster. That is why there are so many players right now.(27 extra players per team) The list you are looking at has every player that is currently under contract; veterans, draftees, undrafted free agents, etc. There will be many cuts between now and the end of preseason. Even before the start of training camp there will probably be players cut from one teams roster and picked up by another.

The physically unable to perform and injured reserve lists are somewhat complicated. You can't put someone on injured reserve for a week. It is a minimum of something like 8 weeks. Additionally a team can bring a maximum of two players back from injured reserve to the active roster per year. If a star player is only going to be out for a couple of weeks, it doesn't make sense to replace them.

EDIT: You will have to look for the 2019 list of NFL players by college team in the fall after the roster cuts. I don't think it will be on the same link.
Thanks for the info on nfl rosters.

As a sanity check on the 2 sets I am curious why
Gt numbers are 11 on espn and 9 on the ncaa one u found ="delta 2"
BC is 23 on espn and 13 on ncaa - " delta 10" .
Are there that many temporary bc guys on nfl teams.
rely

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info on nfl rosters.

As a sanity check on the 2 sets I am curious why
Gt numbers are 11 on espn and 9 on the ncaa one u found ="delta 2"
BC is 23 on espn and 13 on ncaa - " delta 10" .
Are there that many temporary bc guys on nfl teams.
rely

The BC guys on the ESPN list(It is at 24 BC guys now):

Active Sept. 2018
  • Anthony Castonzo
  • John Johnson III
  • Luke Kuechly
  • Harold Landry
  • Brian Mihalik
  • Matt Milano
  • Kamrin Moore
  • Kevin Pierre-Louis
  • Matt Ryan
  • Ian Silberman
  • Justin Simmons
  • John Wetzel
  • Isaac Yiadom

Not active Sept. 2018
  • Zach Allen -- new draftee
  • Luke Denis -- undrafted FA
  • Will Harris -- new draftee
  • Chris Lindtrom -- new draftee
  • Aaron Monteiro -- undrafted FA
  • Wyatt Ray -- undrafted FA
  • Ray Smith -- undrafted FA
  • Jeff Smith -- undrafted FA
  • Connor Strachan -- undrafted FA
  • Tommy Sweeny -- undrafted FA
  • Michael Walker -- undrafted FA

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The BC guys on the ESPN list(It is at 24 BC guys now):

Active Sept. 2018
  • Anthony Castonzo
  • John Johnson III
  • Luke Kuechly
  • Harold Landry
  • Brian Mihalik
  • Matt Milano
  • Kamrin Moore
  • Kevin Pierre-Louis
  • Matt Ryan
  • Ian Silberman
  • Justin Simmons
  • John Wetzel
  • Isaac Yiadom

Not active Sept. 2018
  • Zach Allen -- new draftee
  • Luke Denis -- undrafted FA
  • Will Harris -- new draftee
  • Chris Lindtrom -- new draftee
  • Aaron Monteiro -- undrafted FA
  • Wyatt Ray -- undrafted FA
  • Ray Smith -- undrafted FA
  • Jeff Smith -- undrafted FA
  • Connor Strachan -- undrafted FA
  • Tommy Sweeny -- undrafted FA
  • Michael Walker -- undrafted FA
Great break down.
Wish t.he swarm site had place for this like recruiting.

Your 13 on roster adds up to ncaa total u mentioned earlier

Where did u get the breakdown on the non active ? Probably on a drill diwn on espn site - duh. Thanks for info.

It still tells me we really need to step up if a "so so" team like bc can get 3 guys drafted and we got 0.

If u can list the ga tech guys by same category (active and inactive) .

Hopefully we have A BIG RECRUITING WEEKEND w a number important official visits taking place.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was interesting that Trysten Hill was drafted in the second round (58th overall) this year. That was a guy we had committed to us for awhile before something happened at one of the games that pissed him off and caused him to decommit. Turns out he was a pretty elite DT talent despite being a 2* player. That being said, his draft profile outlines major maturity and character issues he had at UCF, so I doubt he would have lasted on our team for long.
Your description of the game incident was with Jordan Johnson, who did end up at UCF. He was actually first team All-AAC as a center the last 2 years as a Soph and Junior.

This was Trysten Hill: https://gtswarm.com/threads/ol-trysten-hill-thareal_treydog.7067/page-5

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Where did u get the breakdown on the non active ?

I just clicked on the link for each player. It shows what year they are in, rookie, 4th season, etc. It was easy for BC. It would have been more difficult if someone had been on a practice squad last year because I guess it would have shown 1 season even though they weren't on the active roster.(but I'm not sure)