New Public Address Announcer

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

I'm bittersweet about this. Ryan Cameron is an ATL treasure and did great work for the Hawks. But, idk what will happen to Kevin Payne, our iconic voice. I'll dearly miss him at Football games. He was there in Ireland for the game, I heard him on the TV and he posted photos on his instagram. Maybe he will remain for basketball.

Attachments

• 1724682849751.png
    1724682849751.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 14

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm bittersweet about this. Ryan Cameron is an ATL treasure and did great work for the Hawks. But, idk what will happen to Kevin Payne, our iconic voice. I'll dearly miss him at Football games. He was there in Ireland for the game, I heard him on the TV and he posted photos on his instagram. Maybe he will remain for basketball.
That foul was Offensive!

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Slightly worried he is going to say some cringe things.
His voice/vibe reminds me of the new “Terry” guy that gets the video board for shenanigans infront of the student section sometimes. Could be my coming of age, but I’m not a fan of Mr. Terry.
Fingers crossed he’s just loud and proud, and adds to the hype that will be had in BDS Saturday night.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
His voice/vibe reminds me of the new “Terry” guy that gets the video board for shenanigans infront of the student section sometimes. Could be my coming of age, but I’m not a fan of Mr. Terry.
Fingers crossed he’s just loud and proud, and adds to the hype that will be had in BDS Saturday night.
Terry is much better for basketball. Football he's just ehhh. Basketball fits him much better as an MC.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
RC is gimmicky but I've seen him bring largely disinterested Atlanta Hawk crowds back in the Phillips Arena days to their feet. I predict his growly 3rd down announcement + Chords being a better 1-2-punch than the nasally "Iiiiiiiiit's thiiiiiiiird downnnnnnnnnnn" + Chords.

This isn't my first post about him and I'm starting to feel like a bully at this point but I think Terry is not good for basketball. I'm the only person in my section who stands after while he spends 10 seconds begging McCamish to stand til the first made basket. You never see that lack of participation while watching the Carrier Dome, Dean Dome, etc..

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
RC is gimmicky but I've seen him bring largely disinterested Atlanta Hawk crowds back in the Phillips Arena days to their feet. I predict his growly 3rd down announcement + Chords being a better 1-2-punch than the nasally "Iiiiiiiiit's thiiiiiiiird downnnnnnnnnnn" + Chords.

This isn't my first post about him and I'm starting to feel like a bully at this point but I think Terry is not good for basketball. I'm the only person in my section who stands after while he spends 10 seconds begging McCamish to stand til the first made basket. You never see that lack of participation while watching the Carrier Dome, Dean Dome, etc..
The IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'S THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD DOOOOOWNNNNNNN from KP fit Tech perfectly though. It was solemn and you felt like it mattered.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
So nobody knows what the deal is with our other PA guy? I'm 32. He's the only voice I know at games.
Me and him follow each other on Instagram. He said he’ll release a statement on social media soon.

I’m 18… he’s also not the only PA we’ve had in my lifetime. John Pendergast was our PA guy from 1991-2013 for football and 1991-2010 for basketball. Their baritone voices sounded very similar, Kevin’s (the guy before Ryan) was a little more energetic.