Need help to remember something due to having a few beers to many.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Yesterday Key got so mad he threw his headset down and was really pissed off. do to the fact I had to go to the restroom ( from the beer) I missed the play which play was it ? and what happen?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Yesterday Key got so mad he threw his headset down and was really pissed off. due to the fact I had to go to the restroom ( from the beer) I missed the play which play was it ? and what happen?
I believe you are referring to the goal line situation where the D trotted out the 9 man formation.
He was running down the sideline breaking stuff to get the TO

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I believe you are referring to the goal line situation where the D trotted out the 9 man formation.
Perhaps I had flipped channels by then. When did this happen? We really only sent 9 players out on a goal line D? Really?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps I had flipped channels by then. When did this happen? We really only sent 9 players out on a goal line D? Really?
Right at the start of 4th quarter I think. BC had a big gain inside the 5 and we were slow getting our defense out. They caught us in a substitution

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Right at the start of 4th quarter I think. BC had a big gain inside the 5 and we were slow getting our defense out. They caught us in a substitution
So how come, on the chain issue, the refs held us up so BC’s D could sub, but at the GL they let them run the play with us in the middle of a sub? I didn’t see the play, so I’m a bit in the dark.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
So how come, on the chain issue, the refs held us up so BC’s D could sub, but at the GL they let them run the play with us in the middle of a sub? I didn’t see the play, so I’m a bit in the dark.
I can’t be certain from camera angles but I think BC got on the ball with no substitutions so the official would not be obligated to hold the play

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I see a lot of fonts here saying you shouldn't drink so much. My advice would be to drink more and not think a lot about what's going on on the field. That'll make the rest of the season go by in a haze and you'll be having a good time through it all. The sober among us will do all the suffering for you.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
So, on the GL we tried to sub without BC subbing and got caught? If so, that’s a coaching blunder.
Sort of. I rewatched that whole scenario too.
It’s discussed in the Haynes King thread.
It was a really odd series of events but ultimately BC (and the officials) stole a TO from us.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
It was also the play after we gave up a long 3rd and 1 conversion with only ten players coming out of the 3rd quarter break.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yep that was it!!! It was down by the North End Zone.
Not saying he didn't throw down the headset other times during game, but he did so then.