Ndongo

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As he went down the back of his head hit Harrison Ingram's knee. You can even see Ingram grabbing his knee a bit as the play ends. It was a freak contact in timing. Ingram was heading in for a possible rebound and Baye was going down.
knee or the top part of his shin. either way, Baye got the worst of it.

slugboy

Staff member
Concussion protocol would probably keep him out close to 2 weeks, yeah?
24 hours after clear of symptoms—but the general guidance is two weeks. Could be sooner—I haven’t heard that he’s confirmed for a concussion, but it sounds like one.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
After seeing the replay, I knew he was done for the night due to concussion protocol. I figured that was game over for GT. Then right after that Miles got called for a foul and it looked to me like he intentionally pushed the guy pretty hard with 2 hands. I was thinking, crap, he’ll get ejected for a flagrant. You could read miles’ lips saying I didn’t push him. They reviewed it (I think) and said common foul, which was a relief.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
After seeing the replay, I knew he was done for the night due to concussion protocol. I figured that was game over for GT. Then right after that Miles got called for a foul and it looked to me like he intentionally pushed the guy pretty hard with 2 hands. I was thinking, crap, he’ll get ejected for a flagrant. You could read miles’ lips saying I didn’t push him. They reviewed it (I think) and said common foul, which was a relief.
Yes, the tar holes are pretty floppy. And every time they flopped, they got the call.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Yes, the tar holes are pretty floppy. And every time they flopped, they got the call.
I kinda felt like the refs weren't really the difference in that game. We got called for some iffy fouls and they got called for some iffy fouls. There were segments where I thought the refs were just letting them play and some where I thought they called every tiny bit of contact. I'm glad that on the last few possessions it appeared the refs were letting the guys play and decide it on the court.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I kinda felt like the refs weren't really the difference in that game. We got called for some iffy fouls and they got called for some iffy fouls. There were segments where I thought the refs were just letting them play and some where I thought they called every tiny bit of contact. I'm glad that on the last few possessions it appeared the refs were letting the guys play and decide it on the court.
I agree. We got some iffy calls against us in the first half, and vice versa in the second. It seemed the only time RJ flopped and didn't get the call was on the last shot.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought the last shot they took could have been called a foul but the offensive player put his shoulder down to creat space and because of that he initiated the contact. Not enough to call an offensive foul but enough to pardon the contact.
Props to our defensive player.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
First of all we don't know it was a concussion. His head got some contact but he also had his neck stretched in a weird fashion. It could have been a neck stinger or muscle strain as opposed to concussion. I have a son who played fullback in high school and college which is a position much like being in a car accident every play as the fullback is often tasked with taking on a linebacker going full speed into the gap or generally the lead block for the tailback regardless of the hole. He had numerous instances where his neck got "stingers" and other assorted ailments. Perhaps it was something like that for Baye. I hope so anyway.