Nathan Cottrell

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope they announce something today. The suspense is killing me and I can only imagine what poor Cottrell is going through.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Is it at all reasonable to think that the absence of a quick diagnosis is a good sign? I'd like to think that, if it was a torn knee ligament, we'd know by now...

Keeping my fingers crossed for this young man and his family...
I wondered also. I also wondered if it could be the kind of injury where they know basically what it is but they will not know the extent of the damage for awhile due to swelling or blood coagulation or something. The original word was "serious." But I am like you, hoping for the best.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Is it at all reasonable to think that the absence of a quick diagnosis is a good sign? I'd like to think that, if it was a torn knee ligament, we'd know by now...

Keeping my fingers crossed for this young man and his family...
I was thinking this too. I tore my meniscus last year and the MRI result was pretty fast and clear. At this point, hopefully no news is good news, however, I don't think CPJ would be moving players to A-back without knowing a little more.

I hate this for the kid. With a good camp, he could have put himself in position for playing time this fall. Whatever the injury is, I wish him a fast recovery.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We aren't missing a thing. He wasn't going to crack the two deep, speed or no speed. He's got a year to acclimate and heal.
And we know he wasn't going to play how?
Cpj already said freshman were gonna need to contribute. I'm not so sure we should be having expectations on freshman to play or not to play just yet, it's still pretty early. Also if I recall correctly jet was pretty impressed with him so far.

We aren't missing a thing. He wasn't going to crack the two deep, speed or no speed. He's got a year to acclimate and heal.
Not sure you know your facts on this one but either way his injury has set him back for a redshirt. Can't release to much info on it right now but it doesn't look good from a few sources that I have. He has done really well up until the injury. He has caught the eyes of the coaches with his agility. All around bad break for the guy because he could contributed early.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In top 4 ab
The only experienced ab is coming off major injury. The others on current depth chart are zero game time. So with hisspeed hehad a good chance of playing.

to replace 4 fifth year ab + andrews we need all hands on deck.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure how much a freshman can really give us at AB. If you whiff an important block on the edge it can cause a really really bad game changing play. I hate it for the guy, but snoddy should be on the field for at least 75% of the 200% of AB snaps. That leaves 125% and Willis will probably get 50-75% of those. That leaves 50-75% for 4-5 other guys. I think we'll be just fine at AB.

Good luck to him whatever the injury may be. I broke my ankle and tore a ligament in my foot 6 months ago and had surgery, and it hasn't been a fun process, so I wish him the best.