Nate McCollom's effort

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
McCollom was a very very good baseball CF in HS and originally was going to also play CF for the baseball team while doing football. CF’s are your anchor of your OF with communication and effort, he definitely showed the effort of a CF and fight of one on that play.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I also thought of DJ White’s play from 2014 as that play unfolded. Lot of pride in that moment, both then and now.

I find it interesting to think of the significance of Nate’s play when it comes to the team’s current zeitgeist. While I have no insider knowledge, it’s often seemed like many of our players have just quit when the going gets tough.

(And god knows, the going has been tough quite often.)

As it stands, this is the sort of determination, heart, attitude, and effort our entire team - hell, our entire fanbase - should aspire to every week in competition, every day in practice. I look forward to the day when it graduates from an aspiration to a standard.

Well done, Nate. Wherever he may be, if DT was watching, I’m confident he was doing it with an ear-to-ear smile, and a whole heap of pride that you were wearing his number in the white and gold.
I 100% agree with this!

I have noticed a lot of players seem to be giving up on the program this year and they have every reason to. However there have been a few players I have noticed that give it everything out on the field. Obviously Nate but also Charlie Thomas, Ace Eley, and Dontae Smith. I am sure there are others like on the DL but the four I listed just stand out more to me on the field. My hope is that with the change in leadership that the fight in these players spreads throughout the team. We have plenty of talented players on this roster and if they have even half the fight of Nate and the others we can still surprise a lot of teams this year.