My new Favorite AJC Quote

MidtownJacket

Staff member
"
Perhaps that’s one reason why, with a 21-17 lead in the fourth quarter, Johnson opted to go for it on fourth-and-two from the Miami 8-yard line. I know, it’s just not in Johnson’s DNA to kick a field goal, even in semi-obvious situations. But the call was a little surprising.

“I thought about it for a minute,” he said. “But the way the game was going, I wasn’t comfortable being up seven. And if you don’t make it, it’s (deep in Miami territory). I told the guys, ‘We run this play every day, so let’s run it.”

Miami came up with a unique way to defend the triple option: They didn’t cover the pitch.

Thomas took the snap, ran right, drew a lone defender and pitched to Deon Hill, who could’ve stopped, sat down, made a sandwich, eaten it and watched a couple of movies and still had time to walk into the end zone around right end. That made it 28-17.

"
http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...rnallink_megamenu_link#6170e783.257107.735511

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
xJ0CnD3.jpg

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
"
Perhaps that’s one reason why, with a 21-17 lead in the fourth quarter, Johnson opted to go for it on fourth-and-two from the Miami 8-yard line. I know, it’s just not in Johnson’s DNA to kick a field goal, even in semi-obvious situations. But the call was a little surprising.
I miss the river boat gambler. We won soooo much when we went for it.