Miami not tough — or smart — enough against Georgia Tech - Orlando Sentinel

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Wow, I hope the team gets all of these articles. I've never heard so much bashing of our offense. Usually it's sprinkled here and there, but it seems the college football world will just crumble and die a horrible death if we keep winning because we apparently aren't that good...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Wow that was scolding...
Hilarious too.
Misinformed but hilarious.
Like I said I like the O for the most part, and what I view as it's potential, but the view from outside Tech fandome isn't the best. I had to scream at management for them to have the game broadcast over the loud speakers, and I was at Taco Mac Lienburg.

Idk I guess guys here think I just make this stuff up out of my ***.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if the guy was being sarcastic, or he was overtly being insulting because he wasn't smart enough to understand what we actually do on offense. It's clear he was using our "simple" offense as a tool to bash the players and coaches at Miami. If he's going to do that, he needs to also talk about Bud Foster who happens to be one of the best DCs in the country.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
What a hilarious article! And this from a u writer? Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at another team's writer! No secret, Tech gonna run it till you stop it. Don't like it? Then stop it! If you can't it ain't our problem!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
1) Every offense except the Air Raid tries and wants "to establish the run game" as offensive job number one, "win the war at the line of scrimmage" to get a push/surge forward. CPJ is just about the only coach smart enough (it seems at times) to know that if you really do that seriously then some games you will get 4 yards every down and so continual first downs marching down the field and scoring. Hence, when that is happening he doesn't bother throwing.

2) I like Ike.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
"But Georgia Tech is 5-0 today and Miami is 3-3. Losses to Louisville, Nebraska and Georgia Tech. All on the road. All at night. But, come on, none of these are great teams. No will even be ranked after this week."

Fail x 2.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not gonna bother reading people that sound as dumb as these snippets show. Possibly dumber than ajc folks....journalism has fallen so far in the last 50 years

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
LMAO. I have had a sinus headache for two days that cleared for a few minutes I was laughing so hard.

The interesting stat was that we were 9 for 13 on third down (including a 3rd and 15). And then 2 for 2 on fourth. So overall, we were 11 for 13 on 3rd/4th down. That is unconscious. And a lot of the credit goes to CPJ for going for the 1st/TD on 4th and 2 and also Rodwell doing the read on the fake punt. He was given a massive hole up the middle.

But this was true too, "Only after Miami left the field, only after Georgia Tech's team went to one end zone, did the fans start to trickle onto the field. And then congregate. Miami, you see, doesn't even merit the rush-the-field moment the way beating it once did."

The players after meeting in the center of the field came over and leapt into the swarm students. Then the students from the South stands started, slow at first and then the whole stands emptied. The police just stood there in a line and didn't move as the kids walked / ran / stumbled across the field.

It was great to be a Yellow Jacket.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
Not sure if the guy was being sarcastic, or he was overtly being insulting because he wasn't smart enough to understand what we actually do on offense. It's clear he was using our "simple" offense as a tool to bash the players and coaches at Miami. If he's going to do that, he needs to also talk about Bud Foster who happens to be one of the best DCs in the country.

Dude doesn't have a clue what he's talking about – half the people who write about our offense don't.

I'd much rather have a "simple" offense that we execute very well rather than a pro set that we can't execute very well, a la Miami & VT.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
That guy is an idiot and really knows nothing about football. Lazy effort in articulating our O and Miami's struggles.