Mercer

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
The missing bullpen piece should be Hill. McGuire Finateri McKee and Ballard…there is the rotation heading into ACC play. Can’t give up so many runs in the first inning of a Friday night or we Mailhot not even win nine games
I like that starting rotation with Logan taking over the Friday night role.
We play some powerful acc lineups with lots of lefties so I think you are correct on Cam.

Still don't understand on Terry.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The missing bullpen piece should be Hill. McGuire Finateri McKee and Ballard…there is the rotation heading into ACC play. Can’t give up so many runs in the first inning of a Friday night or we Mailhot not even win nine games
That really must be the rotation. The only question is which day for each?

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
That really must be the rotation. The only question is which day for each?
IMO Finateri is best suited for the Saturday role because he is the most likely of our pitchers to give us 6 innings. That lessens the load on the bullpen in the middle day of the series and allows more arms to be used on Friday and available again on Sunday knowing that not as many will be/were needed on Saturday. Additionally, except on weekends where the chances of getting all 3 games in looks dubious, I save my best arm for the Sunday game. This would be done acknowledging that we don't really have a Friday ace to match up with teams that do. But I wouldn't want to throw a freshman on Friday nights for fear of messing with his confidence, so if McKee or Ballard is one of the 3 starters I think they would need to be the Sunday guy.

TL;DR, if the weekend rotation consists of the three that you listed, I order it as McGuire/Finateri/McKee. If Hill remains as a weekend starter I order it as Hill/Finateri/McGuire.

Last edited:

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Three weeks later Geisler is day to day…
The sky would have fallen if it was announced he'd be out for a month. One day at a time for 30 days is a lot easier on the mind. It's just one day off 3 times a week for a month as opposed to a whole damn month.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m hearing McKee Finateri McGuire for this weekend. Needing to win a lot of midweek games, let’s leave Ballard there. Pitchers are creatures of habit so hopefully we can settle in and every guy can assimilate to their role.